Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Could I be pregnant? Plase answer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I be pregnant? Plase answer
Dot668
Neophyte
Member # 96857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dot668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I really need an answer so I can get some peace of mind as I'm going out of it right now. What happend basically is that two days after my period was over I was with my boyfriend, we kinda started something but we stopped as we realized we didn't have condoms (I'm not on birth control pills), but caught in the moment we proceeded with some touching, and it was only a few days after that one tought just stuck on my mind, that he could have had some pre-*** while fingering me (I'm not sure if that's the case), but I'm a natural worrier plus I have some anxiety issues so that makes one really scared person at the moment. So it has been ten days already after that happened, but in the mean time i had appointment with my doctor, it was the 14th day of my cycle, so as a profilactic I did i think it's called pap test, also the doc told me that I have a dominant follicle and I should be ovulating in a couple of the days. I should have told her what is bothering me but well I guess I was to scared to talk face to face with someone. A few day after that I had very little spotting, just 2 drops, and immediatelly taught that this could be implantation bleeding. But could be also due to ovulation or the pap test probing? So I would really appreciate some opinions about could I be pregnant if my doctor confirmed that I'll be ovulating, and could this spotting be caused by something else? My period is supposed to come in 10 days, that's why i still haven't taken a home test. Thank you all in advance.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Dot668 and welcome to Scarleteen!

Can you take a look at this link first? It has all sorts of information on what is and isn't a pregnancy risk.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

If you have any questions or concerns, come on back and we can chat about them.

Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dot668
Neophyte
Member # 96857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dot668     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.
I realized I'm going against the rules alittle too late, I'm sorry for that. I have actually read these topics, including the ones that say that fingering does not really hides any chance of getting someone pregnant, but when I'm panicking my logical thinking is like David Copperfield...it can magically disappear.
There is one thing I would really appreciate if you can help me figure out. The dominant follicle is one of six or more and it is the only one that has developed and it's going to deliver an egg that could be fertilized, basically that is called ovulation (the release of the egg). So my check up was an echo craphic, could my doctor be wrong and if there is chance that she got mistaken the follicle with something else? And one last question, normally not just about my case, there should not be ovulation during pregnacy, right?
I'm sorry if I'm bothering you in any way. I just can't quite calm down myself. Thank you again

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doc668,

No, you're not bothering us. We do just want to make sure that people read that information first so we're not going over ground that is already covered in our articles. [Smile]

No, people don't ovulate when they're pregnant. If your doctor examined you and said it looked like you were going to ovulate in a few days, then that's indication that you're not pregnant. [Smile] And yes, spotting can be from the examination.

For future reference, it really is okay to share your concerns with your doctor. It sounds like, in this case, she could have put your worries to rest very quickly.

It sounds like you know logically that the type of sexual activity you engaged in doesn't lead to pregnancy, but that anxious feelings get the better of you. I love your David Copperfield analogy, by the way!

What do you think would help you keep this anxiety in check? Do you feel this kind of anxiety about other things in your life?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dot668
Neophyte
Member # 96857

You can use the Copperfield analogy any time you want [Razz]
I think that I didn't share my concers with the doctor probably due to the fact that I have a vague clue that they are mostly illogical.
As you have said I'm trying to fight it, but sometimes the anxiety gets the better of me. The last year I have really had some serious issues regarding that, probably due to a lot of stress, that including social phobia, anxiety attacks and all other special treats that come along with that :-) But the past few months I have really been better, started to see my friends again, to travel, now I'll be moving to a different city to study, so basically I have started to enjoy life again expect some moments like this that are filled with insecurity and take me out of track, because of that sometimes I need a little reinsurance, just to hear a few times the arguments that can proove my worries to be wrong. I think I need do adjust myself a little bit to that. I'll try to be calmer and hopefully in about ten days I'll be able to completly win over this feeling :-) I really appreciate your time and help

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Glad we could be of help, and now you have some solid resources to help you combat the anxiety you feel around pregnancy concerns.

Would you like to talk about birth control options for the future?

Sounds like you have a lot of exciting things ahead of you. [Smile] There's good stress as well as bad stress, so just go easy on yourself. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Dot668
Neophyte
Member # 96857

Hello,

I'm sorry to ask for some of your time and advice again but I have another concern stuck on my mind again. So my period came at the exact date it was supposed to but the problem is that it lasted only day and a half after that for two more days I had just a slight bleeding...I know that is not very common but you can have some kind of bleeding even during pregnancy. I try to convince myself that it is just my anxiety but I'm incredibly overhelmed with that feeling. Can you help me with what your thoughts are about this situation? Thank you in advance again.

eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you have had a normal light period lasting 3 days. This would not be 'bleeding during pregnancy' because you have not had a pregnancy risk from fingering.

As Robin asked, have you thought about future birth control options? Often using something regularly can help people feel less anxious around sex.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just as an aside (and I know this from experience!), stress can certainly have an effect on what your period looks like, when it comes, and I think even what kind of PMS symptoms you can have. Sometimes when I'm sick, my periods will be lighter, or earlier or later than usual. So if you're under stress, your period can be a little different. [Smile] Of course, I'm definitely not an expert in this area - this is just what I've observed from my own experiences. [Smile]

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dot668
Neophyte
Member # 96857

Thank you all for your replies. Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I didn't have access to internet all the time, that's why I never answered Robin's question. Yes I'm considering to start birth control pills, but first I want to make an appointment with my doc so she can explain to me thorougly about them, guess this will help me relax in the future. Thank you again for your time and help :-)
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're most welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.