Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Late period brown discharge fingered

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late period brown discharge fingered
Scared1001
Neophyte
Member # 96648

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Scared1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I was wondering, I fingered my girlfriend once. The first one was a little more than three weeks ago. We were both wearing our clothes, I was wearing my jeans and she was wearing her leggings and panties. I washed my hands three times in hot water and soap before fingering her. Her period usually comes a day later every month so I would say she's irregular. For example this month it is fourteen, the next period should arrive on the fifteenth the following month. So she was supposed to get her period on the sixteenth, but she still doesn't have it. Instead, she got a dark brown discharge. She took two HPTs, the first one was invalid because it only had a dot on the negative side cuz she accidentally peed on the screen, the second one was clearly negative. If it helps, she started working out at a gym once a week after not being physically active at all. What are the chances of her being pregnant? I'm really worried, please help.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scared: can you please start with this thread linked at the top of this forum and some of the links within it (which include making clear that manual sex -- fingering -- isn't a way pregnancy can even happen): http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002477.html

Thanks!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scared1001
Neophyte
Member # 96648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scared1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather,

I read that, but what is the brown discharge? I searched online and all I can find is implantation bleeding, which made me terrified. Thank you.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're searching credible sexual health sites, where information is provided by people with more than a username with numbers after it and such, you should be finding very different information than that.

(If you're searching things like yahoo answers, do your mental health and service and stop, seriously. That's just not a sound way to find solid information like this.)

Brown colored discharge can be because of a few things, but implantation bleeding, while not something that most people have or notice with pregnancy in the first place, usually is about light spotting, not brown discharges. brown discharges most often occur after someone has had a menstrual period, with some infections, or after a surgery or infection. That brown part is usually older blood, that's why.

In her situation, given the timing, it may be she had such a light period, she barely noticed it, and that brown discharge was the aftermath.

You might also want to know, just so you're more clued in about cycles, that a "regular" menstrual cycle will often deviate by a day or two. (Also, the number of days in a month vary, so a cycle that came on the same date each month would actually be one which varied a good deal per number of days in a cycle: IOW, a cycle like THAT would often actually be IRregular.) irregular cycles are much more all over the place than that. As well, sometimes people skip periods or have the timing of cycles change, especially when there are health or life changes, like, for instance, someone changing how they eat or what their activity level is.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scared1001
Neophyte
Member # 96648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scared1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather,

Thank you. Now I feel relief. However, is it possible that she has not gotten her period yet? I'm sorry if I appear to be irritating, I just have no where else to get information. So bottom line is, there is no pregnancy risk involved and that the brown discharge might be blood from her last period? It alarmed her because she has never experienced this before.

Thank you.

Heather
Member # 3

Yep. It's also possible that her period was so light this time around, this discharge is all she saw of it.

I was just telling someone this morning who did the "but I never....before' about something with their body that it's important to remember when you're younger that there are going to be a LOT of nevers that later, someone will experience. Bodies and how they work change all the time.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.