Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » can i get pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can i get pregnant
shaundi
Neophyte
Member # 96708

Icon 9 posted      Profile for shaundi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so 5 days ago my boyfriend and i were hanging out. Things got alittle hot and we were kissing and stuff. No ones clothes were off. But any way he started to rub on me over clothes and then he i guess he ajusted himself his hand was down there for 2 seconds. Then he fingred me under clothes. He never ejaculated fully we stop before that. But i'm worried because my period came 4 days later(at least i think so) i had no symptoms or cramps and it was dark with lots of clots the first day then fadeing off to light red on the 3. Can i have a light period and not be pregnant. I really need an anwser i havent slept in 3 days or ate in 2 [Frown]
Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi shaundi. We ask that you please look over this post first: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007116.html

You should find all the information you need to be able to figure out if you've had a pregnancy risk or not within that post. If you have any questions about any of the content of the articles in the post, or if you need clarification of something, we're happy to help.

We also suggest that if you're having very strong anxiety around sexual activity -- and it certainly sounds like you are, considering you are not sleeping and eating -- you should really consider stepping away from participating in any kind of sexual activity for the moment.

You should be 100% comfortable with any sexual activity if you are going to participate in it, and we often find that when users are THIS anxious about pregnancy or some other risk, they aren't truly comfortable with what they're doing. Does that sound like it might be true for you? If so, do you think you would be okay with and able to stop participating in the sexual activity that makes you so anxious, until you have a better handle on your anxiety and are feeling better about the whole thing?

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaundi
Neophyte
Member # 96708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaundi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read it and i dont think that i am but then there is that little voice of doubt in my head. I think its because of me having a light period. My last period was on july20 and they last 4 days so i guess i was due for one. I also dont remember ovulateing an i can always tell when i am so thats weird too. And i think your right about me not being ready for sexual activity. Im going to have a talk with my boyfriend today about it because its not worth all this stress just to feel good for a little while. I just dont know whats going on.

--------------------
Blizzard babi

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi shaundi, I'm glad to hear you're going to discuss this all with your boyfriend; communication is really important in relationships [Smile] I'm also glad to hear that you're being self-aware and honest with yourself about whether you feel really ready for sexual activity yet or not.

There was an article included in the link I gave you, called "pregnancy scared". Did you read it? It has some advice on what to do if you know you can't be pregnant but you still have that little nagging voice in your head.

I'd also like to make sure you read another of the articles linked to in that post -- it was called "where DID I come from? A refresher course in human reproduction". It has detailed information on what kinds of environments sperm can live in -- information that will make clear whether your boyfriend would really have had enough sperm on his fingers to viably cause a pregnancy or not [Smile]

How about you list all the reasons you know you can't be pregnant, from what you learned in all the articles you read? Maybe seeing that list will help you to reassure yourself.

[ 08-26-2012, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaundi
Neophyte
Member # 96708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaundi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makeing a list helped. The only thing i am wondering is why my period was light. I mean i wasnt stressed at all before all of this. It happened 4 days after the incident. What reasons could thers be for that thats the only thing that has me stressed. Oh and my boyfriend and i talked about this and he agrees i guess he can see the stress ive been under ive lost 4lbs and i look like a vampire with the dark circles under my eyes. Im exausted

--------------------
Blizzard babi

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

There are many possible reasons for one's period being light. It's really common for people's periods to vary sometimes, just by nature of the human body not being a machine [Smile]

Here's a great article that lists a whole bunch of suggestions as to what may cause a lighter or missed period:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

shaundi
Neophyte
Member # 96708

That helped out thank you so much. I didnt know all that i honestly just thought it always ment your pregnant. Being a girl is so confusing it comes with so many questions. Which i have but we will save thoes for another time:)

--------------------
Blizzard babi

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

No problem! I'm glad I could help [Smile] And definitely feel free to come back any time you have a question!
shaundi
Neophyte
Member # 96708

Me again i stopped bleeding and now i just have clear sticky stuff? Does this mean im ovulateing or about to. Is it even possible to ovulate right after a period?

--------------------
Blizzard babi

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Shaundi,

It is possible to ovulate right after menstruation, but that vaginal mucus doesn't necessarily mean that you're ovulating. Usually, though not for all people, vaginal mucus during ovulation is slippery rather than sticky.

Unless, you chart your cervical mucus consistency and color and your basal temperature for several months and have a pretty idea of what happens when for you, it really isn't possible to tell whether you're ovulating.

Here's more information about charting, which includes information on what different types of secretions often tell us about our cycle:
Get With the Flow: All About FAM

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.