Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I'm sooo gonna sound stupid, but please help anyways.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm sooo gonna sound stupid, but please help anyways.
rebelgirrl
Neophyte
Member # 96146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rebelgirrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time in early April. I kind of panicked a little, but only because it was my first time & I was scared that I was pregnant. But I got my period for April. It seemed light to start with, but then it was normal. We then had sex again. And of couse, I panicked again. I got my period for May. Again, light to begin with, and then normal. I thought I had been feeling a little wierd, but I thought it was just me making myself sick. So we haven't had sex since late April. And now, in June(i always expect my period on the 14th), my period started verrrry light. And the blood wasn't red, it was sort-of brownish. And then it stopped completely. No second day, no nothing. Later, on the 17th, I got my period. Totally normal. AND I AM FREAKING OUT! I'm only 15. I've always been the straight A (and the occasional B) student, top scorer on the soccer team kind of girl. Could I really be pregnant. And I know, the only way to really know is to take a test. But that's not really possible. Please help me.
Posts: 3 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi rebelgirrl and welcome to Scarleteen.

You're absolutely right that the only way to know if you're pregnant is to take a test. Can you tell me why that isn't possible for you? Perhaps we can talk about ways for you to get tested if that would put your mind at ease.

Did you and your boyfriend use any sort of birth control?

Having some bleeding between periods isn't terribly unusual, particularly for young women who've gotten their periods only a few years before. Many young women are still going through puberty even after they start their periods, which can also lead to changes.

It's pretty important once we become sexually active to be able to take care of our sexual health care, which includes thinking about pregnancy and STI transmission.

So, if you're anxious and would like to be tested for pregnancy, let's talk a bit about that, okay?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chime in with Robin in saying that having bleeding between periods isn't unusual for young women. I freaked out when it happened to me too, but everything turned out to be okay.

What I want to emphasize is the fact that you did not mention using birth control and/or contraception. With active partnered sex, pregnancy and STI transmission are real risks and should be taken into serious consideration.

I am not stating that to make you more anxious than you already are. I am just stressing the importance of knowing your risks and being prepared to assess them (like doing pregnancy tests, regular screenings for STIs, etc.)

Are either you or your boyfriend tested for STIs?

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rebelgirrl
Neophyte
Member # 96146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rebelgirrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We used condoms & he pulled out every time. We were both virgins when we did it.
Posts: 3 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rebelgirrl
Neophyte
Member # 96146

I'm so sorry I forgot to include that important fact. Lol
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm. You know, if condoms are used correctly during intercourse, then the chances of preventing pregnancy is from 85%, if used typically, to 98%, if used perfectly? Basically, if the condom was used correctly, then your likelihood of pregnancy is low.

Could you expand on why it is not really possible for you to take a pregnancy test?

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rebelgirrl, we have some links to walkthroughs on pregnancy risk assessments here if that helps: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007116/p/1.html#000000

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.