Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » prenancy paranoia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: prenancy paranoia
lucyandethel54
Neophyte
Member # 96063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucyandethel54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is going to be long but i just want to get all of the details out there

i am currently on loestrin fe24 and have been for the past year and a half. during the month of april i was late taking my pills every now and then for just a few hours. my boyfriend and i always have sex with a condom but a couple of times we started without a condom and later put one on. he has never ejaculated inside me. at the end of my pill pack, 5/6 i got my withdrawal bleed and it was heavier than usual and lasted a day into my white pills.

then i came home from school and saw him again later in the month on 5/25 and we had sex a few times using a condom each time. then out of the blue i started being paranoid i was pregnant for really no reason at all besides the late pills in april and not using a condom in the beginning. i became so paranoid it was hard to sleep and eat so i took a pregnancy test on may 30 and it was negative.

when my withdrawal bleed was about to come i became antsy again and took another pregnancy test on 6/4 which was also negative. the next day i had my withdrawal bleed that was normal flow and mostly brown. so after that i was relieved and no longer pregnant, until yesterday when i noticed my breasts felt tender around the sides and underneath. not so much towards the center or top. i did wear a tighter pushup bra 2 days ago so im wondering if that could be the cause but since they are still tender around today my paranoia has struck up again.

can someone please tell me what is going on with my body? i know im being ridiculous, but i am still worried.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Breast tenderness can happen sometimes; pregnancy symptoms don't show up that early. You've had a withdrawal bleed since you were late with your pills and since you didn't use a condom for all contact, so it's unlikely you're pregnant. However, when it's been 14 days since you've last had the kinds of sex that can cause pregnancy, you can take a test to reassure yourself if you'd like to.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucyandethel54
Neophyte
Member # 96063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucyandethel54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've already had 2 withdrawal periods and multiple pregnancy tests 2 weeks after my "riskier" sex and they've all turned out negative. my tests taken a month after having sex. is it safe to say they are accurate? i'm tired of constantly being paranoid and wasting money buying tests.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, if you've had two withdrawal bleeds and multiple negative tests you can safely say you're not pregnant. [Smile]

Know too that taking the birth control pill a couple of hours late does not significantly impact its effectiveness. I'm not sure how late you're talking about, but the most important thing with taking the pill is that it be taken consistently at about the same time of day every day, not necessarily at the same exact time though many people find it helpful to do that to make sure that they remember to take it.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoopsies, I was beaten to it. This is what I get for opening tabs, going to eat dinner, and answering the question without refreshing first [Razz]

[ 06-17-2012, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucyandethel54
Neophyte
Member # 96063

thank you for your response. ive been waiting for someone to tell me that cause i keep reading online how pregnancy tests arent always accurate so they don't really calm me. what do you think is the cause for my breast soreness then? it's mainly on the sides and underneath. when i grab them with my hand it doesn't hurt
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi lucyandthel54. It's really hard for us to say what the breast tenderness could be from. There are several causes for breast tenderness. The most common cause is your menstrual period, but if that doesn't seem to be what this is from, you should ask your doctor or ob/gyn because there's only so much we can do for you over the internet [Smile]

[ 06-17-2012, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucyandethel54
Neophyte
Member # 96063

ok now tell me im crazy please...

the last time i had sex on 5/27, that night i took my pill at 845 pm as usual. later i had diarrhea. then less than 12 hrs later i had sex but with a condom and it never leaked or anything. after that i stopped visiting my boyfriend and went back home...aka no sex. on june 4th i got my withdrawal bleed and it came and went as usual. i started being paranoid again and took a pregnancy test over 3 weeks after i had sex on june 20th and got a negative. i just get paranoid cause people post online saying that they're positive and have the faintest lines and i freak out and think 'what if im not seeing the really faint line?'
i feel like worst case scenario even if i did ovulate it would have been after my diarrhea accident and i didn't have sex after that day and later had my withdrawal bleed so i think im in the clear?

so basically my questions are 1. if i had a night's episode of diarrhea would it compromise my bc even though i used a condom? and 2. would a positive pregnancy test be solid enough to clearly see at 3 weeks past?

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The beauty of using two methods of birth control is that if one is compromised (and it's really not certain that your pill was compromised) then the other is there to play a supportive role.

If you're concerned about the accuracy of the pregnancy test, I'd suggest testing again. That said, pregnancy tests are known to be very accurate, and testing three weeks after the sexual activity you're concerned about would certainly give you an accurate reading.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.