Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Possible pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible pregnancy?
sportsgurly789
Neophyte
Member # 96040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportsgurly789     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the other day my boyfriend and I were hooking up in the shower unclothed, and we did everything but sex. However, we were also intoxicated at the time. I had given him a handjob, and he also touched his penis throughout, but I am almost positive he did not ejaculate, and was still hard after we were done hooking when we stopped because we were being loud. However, after he had masturbated for a little, he fingered me again. Is there any risk that there could have been precum on his fingers, or even if he did have cum on his fingers, what are the chances that I could have gotten pregnant from that?
Posts: 11 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Scarleteen, sportsgurly789. Have a read through this thread first: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html and then we can go from there.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5722 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sportsgurly789
Neophyte
Member # 96040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportsgurly789     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I read over that when i first logged in. Also I had some light bleeding the day after, but I think this was due to either a torn hymen since I have never been fingered that intensely, or a possible scratch. A couple days later I had white discharge, but now it is just clear. Would a pregnancy be possible?
Posts: 11 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a pregnancy to occur, there needs to be either:

1) Direct contact between a bare penis and bare vulva, which could include rubbing, vaginal intercourse, or anal intercourse.
2) Direct contact between freshly ejaculated semen and the vulva, such as some ejaculating on or very near the vulva.

The sexual contact you describe doesn't fit into either of these scenarios.

The bleeding you experienced sounds like it was likely a scratch or a small tear from a lot of friction.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sportsgurly789
Neophyte
Member # 96040

Okay good I feel much better now. So there is pretty much no risk? it's my first time going this far, I think that is why I am nervous.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the situation you describe really doesn't pose a risk. Does that make sense based on what you read in the article?

How do you feel about engaging in this sexual activity? Sometimes worry or nerves over pregnancy risk can be our mind telling us we're not quite good with the kind of sexual activity we've engaged in. What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sportsgurly789
Neophyte
Member # 96040

Yes it makes sense, I am probably just overreacting but I just want to be cautious since I can't remember if he actually came or not, and considering he could've fingered me after. I don't think I was ready for it though, and I do feel guilty about it. Especially since we were intoxicated as well and I can never seen to control myself.
sportsgurly789
Neophyte
Member # 96040

Sorry to ask another question, but although you said that it does not pose a risk, I am still slightly concerned since it's hard to remember everything that happened that night. It is hard to rely on my period considering it has been irregular since I got it when i was 11, but I went on birth control to regulate it around december, and got off of it around march. Since then i have had 2 periods, both 35 days apart, and if i'm still on that cycle I should have gotten it this past monday, but I didn't. I took plan b 4 days after the incident, just to make sure but should I take a pregnancy test? I am worried.
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A negative test can be great for our peace of mind, so as you still feel worried, I'd take a test for reassurance.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.