Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Dry humping the pill and pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry humping the pill and pregnancy
Solipsizm
Neophyte
Member # 96014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Solipsizm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So my girlfriend is on birth control. Lo Loestrin Fe. The first month she gother period fine. The secondmonth she missedit completely (as she was irregular with a couple pills) and the third month she spottedforroughly 3 days and it was brownish. Normally I would be told that this might be pregnancy. But here's the catch. We only dry hump. Occaisonally I'll run her down there but only over her pants. I'll normally wear jeans and 2 pairs of tight boxer briefs while she'll wear panties and sweat pants/yoga pants. I never ejaculate. Nor do I notice precum when we are done. If I notice a wet spot on my underwear it is literally a little bit bigger than the tip of a pen. Yet I have been terrified due to the spottingandmissedperiods andwhatnot.Would allthat be attributedtobirthcontrolorcouldpregnancy happen? Onetimehas me especiallyworriedhowever.Onetimewe finished and I noticedthe tip of my penis could be seen in my jeans so precum wasn'tbeingabsorbed by the underwear if there was any. But that one time my girlfriend was wearing jeans and panties. It would be great if my overall risk could be assessed and what the spotting/ missing periodmay mean. Thanks.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When people are dressed like you two have been, there are not risks of pregnancy.

The spotting and missed period is most likely about her taking her pill inconsistently.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Solipsizm
Neophyte
Member # 96014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Solipsizm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So even the one accidental event where I was exposed slightly no risk is present?
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

Sounds like you could use some more education on how pregnancy actually happens.

Why don't you take the time to read these:
• Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction
• Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Solipsizm
Neophyte
Member # 96014

I mean I know how pregnancy happens its just that with all the mixed answers its hard to know what is what.And the slightest though that it might be pregnancy is terrifying. I apologize if I seem ignorant.
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't sound ignorant at all, and I hope you understand Heather doesn't think that nor did she want you to feel that she did. It's just everyone comes here with such different experiences when it comes to sexual education. AND with all the different information out there we just want to make sure everyone has the accurate information. Both articles are great, I've read them tons of times. It may actually help ease your mind to just read through them.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3426 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Solipsizm
Neophyte
Member # 96014

Honestly Heather's blunt attitude helped a lot because in a way I know I'm being stupid but I'm sixteen and cant shake any ounce of worry.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Stephanie, I find myself going back to those articles on pregnancy time and time again just to refresh my memory.

Related to worrying so much, you might also find this handy list of sexual activities that do *not* lead to pregnancy helpful.

NO Pregnancy Risks

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, when we are so worried about pregnancy knowing its not, sometimes it also means we need to take a step back and decide of we're really feeling ready to be having that or any type of sex just yet. Sex is about pleasure and when we worry so much after about risks it can sometimes take away from that pleasure factor. So also thinking it may help for you to check this article out: Scarleteen's Sex Readiness Checklist .

[ 06-13-2012, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3426 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Solipsizm
Neophyte
Member # 96014

Well she got her period today . Her real one. So everything is good.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.