Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Why am I bleeding after 2 days of unprotected sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why am I bleeding after 2 days of unprotected sex?
Strideforeverlove9
Neophyte
Member # 96051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strideforeverlove9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really worried.... My last period started on June 7 and ended June 11. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on June 14. He never ejaculated inside of me and I know that there's sperm in precum but he urinated before his erection. Well two days later (June 16), I randomly start bleeding. I mean I can smell the blood. It's enough to be considered the end of a light period. Could I be pregnant? If not, what's going on with me?
Posts: 12 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey strideforeverlove,

Sorry you've found yourself so worried!

If you've had unprotected sex, this does constitute a risk. Urinating before having an erection doesn't eradicate that risk. If you feel like it's the end of the period then it's less likely you're pregnant. But it's not certain.

I don't think I can give you an answer anywhere near as good as a pregnancy test - will you be able to get hold of one? Getting tested would most certainly let you put your mind at rest, and if by chance you find you are pregnant we have plenty of information and experience here to help you with advice on that if you feel you need it.

In the mean time would definitely recommend you guys start to use protection. Having to worry like this isn't nice and isn't a necessary part of your sex life!

The other concern is STIs. You also risk catching STIs that could have just as long lasting effects on your life as a pregnancy. Are you doing anything to manage the STI risks?

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strideforeverlove9,

as you say you had unprotected sex on the 14th June, and today's the 16th, right now is much too early for a pregnancy test to tell you anything. What you can do, if you wanted to, is to take emergency contraception. You're still well inside the window where it's effective and where taking it reduces the chance of pregnancy a great deal. Is emergency contraception something you'd like to consider, and if so, is it something you know how to access?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.