Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnancy risk, or not? Worried.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy risk, or not? Worried.
henrysickle
Neophyte
Member # 95804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henrysickle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend is on the pill to control periods. We both have never had sex. We were making out, whilst wearing clothes. She was wearing underwear and leggings, I was wearing boxers and jeans. It got a bit intense the making out, and I accidentally ejaculated. After about 30secs to a minute or so, I got up and went to the toilet before she noticed. I noticed my penis was sticking out of my boxers so only effectively had one 'barrier' before her clothing. I cleaned my pants with soap and went back in wiping my hands on my pants so it looked as though that was why they were wet. She went to touch my leg but I moved it and held her hand instead.

Now is there a risk of pregnancy AT ALL in this situation? From me ejaculating in my pants to her holding my hand (in case there were traces on my hand from my pants and she then went to the toilet or something). Like, could anything have soaked through my jeans, and then her clothing and then on/into her? She never said anything was wet, which I'm sure she would have.

I know she's on the pill for periods, but the worry is making me ill.

Thanks.

Posts: 14 | From: UK | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please make sure you read this first:
Afraid you might be pregnant? Please read this first.

If there's more than one layer of clothing between the two of you, there's really no way a pregnancy would happen. Even one layer of clothing makes it unlikely. Similarly, if the semen is transferred from one surface to another, especially as many times as in the situation you described, it's really unlikely that a pregnancy risk is there. You'd have to have pretty much taken a blob of semen and put it on her vulva. Which you didn't, am I right? [Razz] Sperm is very fragile and so needs to be in pretty much direct contact with the vulva/vagina to pose a viable pregnancy risk.

I really suggest you read these articles, they will help you figure out when there is a pregnancy risk present or not, and hopefully will help you calm down:
Pregnancy Scared?
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henrysickle
Neophyte
Member # 95804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henrysickle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply.

Lol, no I didn't stick a blob of semen on her vulva. There was just a 'wet' patch on my jeans when I went to the toilet. Am not entirely sure if it was semen, it might have been pre-ejaculation. I still had an erection when I was in the bathroom, and it didn't feel like the usual ejaculation feeling that I'm used to. But I dunno. I was pretty freaked when it happened, cuz it wasn't intended, so I don't really know which one it was.

So, either way, the clothes being in the way would render the situation a non-risk... and the fact she's on the pill to control periods would make the risk non-existent? I know she's having her week off from the pill on Wednesday, so at the moment she's still taking it.

Posts: 14 | From: UK | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that's right. Wearing clothes makes it incredibly unlikely that anyone would get pregnant, especially since you weren't even rubbing right up against her vulva or anything, plus her being on the pill means there REALLY isn't anything to worry about.

And fyi, not sure if you know this, but the pill works even during the week off between cycles.

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.