Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Questions about Plan B

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions about Plan B
worriedqustions
Neophyte
Member # 95722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worriedqustions     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I know you guys get like 287287502875 of these posts all the time, so I just wanted to applaud you all for all the work you do giving advice and reassuring worried young women (like me!).

Ok, so here's the situation:
Had period on the 14th (saturday)
Had sex on the 21st (saturday, last day of period, I'm very regular)
Used condom, but it slipped. We don't know if it was on the whole time and just came off when he pulled out or if it was only on for awhile, as it was dark. Also, he didn't ejaculate.
Took Plan B less than 12 hours afterwards just to be sure (MAN that stuff's expensive)
Started getting what seemed to be a lighter version of my period on the 27th. Only lasted about 3 days. My periods are usually super regular (7 days long, really heavy and then taper off, every 28 days) so I was really surprised to be getting it like 2 weeks early (especially since I had just finished my period 6 days ago!) Googled it, to see if others taking Plan B had a similar experience and found an article about implantation bleeding which REALLY started to freak me out.
Took a pregnancy test on the 2nd (10 days after possible conception), which turned up negative. I'm planning on taking two more, one on the 5th (14 days after) and one on the 10th (19 days after)
Started getting really paranoid about the whole implantation bleeding thing, especially since I've started urinating more and having weird cramps. (I just got home from college though, and I'm drinking more liquids since I have more available access to them now)
I guess my main questions are about the bleeding I had after Plan B. Was that my period? I know Plan B can mess with your period, but for it to only be 3 days long and 2 weeks early? I know realistically that my chances of getting pregnant were really reduced by the fact that he didn't ejaculate and the condom could have been on the whole time AND I took Plan B, but any advice or reassurance you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Also, to anyone reading this post worried about getting pregnant, STOP GOOGLING YOUR SYMPTOMS. It does ABSOLUTELY nothing but make you paranoid.

Last thing, I promise.
I'm usually a super careful birth control user. I recently broke up with my boyfriend, and so I stopped using it for two reasons.
1. I don't like the idea of casual sex.
2. I don't like spending money on pills and putting things into my body if I don't have to.
The sex in question was alcohol fueled, and only came after extreme coercion on his part (not saying it was his fault AT ALL), but had I been sober this wouldn't have happened.
Anyway, any advice or ideas you have would be very much appreciated.

Posts: 5 | From: TX | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you had a chance to read this yet: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html. ?

Also, FYI, implantation bleeding is incredibly rare, so it isn't something reliable to go on when assessing the likelyhood of pregnancy.

Also, coercion is never okay. It is not alright that he cooerced you into having sex. It is his fault that he coeerced you. We can talk about your feelings around that too if you'd like,and I can link you to some articles about that.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedqustions
Neophyte
Member # 95722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for worriedqustions     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, that was fast. Thank you!

I'm sorry, I should have clarified a few things.
1. I had read the article, but thanks for the link, it was good to read it again with fresh eyes. I'm not really asking whether or not you think I'm pregnant though, I'm just waiting on the results of the pregnancy test(s) for that one. My questions were mostly about the bleeding that was so early.

2. Yeah, after my initial freak-outs I recognized how rare implantation bleeding is. It also sounds like it's way lighter than what I experienced.

3. You didn't address this, but in reading back over my post i thought I should mention this. When I said I'm usually a careful birth control user, I meant the oral, comes in a dialpak, pills that you take everyday. I didn't mean to sound like i'd given up on all birth control methods.

4. About the coercion. I think what I'm trying to say about that is that he asked me a couple times during the course of our activities and I said no. He asked me a final time and I said yes. He didn't force me into it or threaten to leave if I didn't or anything like that. While I realize that he shouldn't have asked more than once and just taken my "no" for what it was, I also have to recognize that I eventually said "yes" and meant it.

Again, thanks for all you guys do. I really think this site is a great resource.

Posts: 5 | From: TX | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedqustions
Neophyte
Member # 95722

WOW, that was fast. Thank you!

I'm sorry, I should have clarified a few things.
1. I had read the article, but thanks for the link, it was good to read it again with fresh eyes. I'm not really asking whether or not you think I'm pregnant though, I'm just waiting on the results of the pregnancy test(s) for that one. My questions were mostly about the bleeding that was so early.

2. Yeah, after my initial freak-outs I recognized how rare implantation bleeding is. It also sounds like it's way lighter than what I experienced.

3. You didn't address this, but in reading back over my post i thought I should mention this. When I said I'm usually a careful birth control user, I meant the oral, comes in a dialpak, pills that you take everyday. I didn't mean to sound like i'd given up on all birth control methods.

4. About the coercion. I think what I'm trying to say about that is that he asked me a couple times during the course of our activities and I said no. He asked me a final time and I said yes. He didn't force me into it or threaten to leave if I didn't or anything like that. While I realize that he shouldn't have asked more than once and just taken my "no" for what it was, I also have to recognize that I eventually said "yes" and meant it.

Again, thanks for all you guys do. I really think this site is a great resource.

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your period being so early is very likely because of Plan B. That's a common effect.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
worriedqustions
Neophyte
Member # 95722

Good news! Took pregnancy test # 2 and it very clearly showed a negative result! Yeah, I think you're right. I'm beginning to think the bleeding after Plan B was my period. I'll post the results of the third test as soon as I have them!
worriedqustions
Neophyte
Member # 95722

Took the last test today, not pregnant [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.