Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pleeasseee help me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pleeasseee help me
xbreezx
Neophyte
Member # 95559

Icon 5 posted      Profile for xbreezx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On July 16, 2010 I got the Implanon birth control injected into my arm, which lasts for three years. For the fist time since then, I had sex on March 30, 2012, exactly 2 weeks and a day from today. So I have this birth control injection and he also used a condom. He didn't cum at all and the condom had no hole in it after we finished. I have an irregular period due to the bc so that doesn't help me. I also haven't felt sick or anything but I did have a huge headache 2 days ago. Could I be pregnant?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Implanon is one of the most effective methods of birth control out there: over 99% effective. Combining that with condoms means you're as close to a zero risk of pregnancy as it's possible to be, really.

Have you thought about whether right now is a good time for you to be having the kinds of sex that can potentially cause pregnancy? I'm hearing a quite lot of anxiety about an almost non-existent risk, and often that kind of anxiety is an indication that having sex isn't the best choice to make at that point.

(By the way, please don't double post. I understand you're concerned, but we get to questions as quickly as we can and double posting won't get an answer any faster. Thanks!)

[ 04-14-2012, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xbreezx
Neophyte
Member # 95559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xbreezx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks [Smile]
Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.