Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnant? scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant? scared
alex9999
Neophyte
Member # 95207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alex9999     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my gf have had sex about 10 times in the last month. We have used a condom everytime which came with spermicidal lubricant. The pull- out method was also used with the condom. She isn't on birth control yet but is going to be soon. Her period should have came over the weekend and it hasn't. We are starting to worry that it won't. What do you think are the chances of her being pregnant are? Why would her period not come other than being pregnant? she says shes having discharge a watery discharge and she has been having cramps for the past couple of days. Does this sound like her period might come any time now?
Posts: 2 | From: usa | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many people have menstrual cycles that are irregular; that is, the period doesn't come after the samenumber of days each month. What do you know about her menstrual cycle? If she keeps a list of dates on which her period came, she can look back at it and see the pattern of when they've come. Likewise with the premenstrual symptoms. What does she usually experience before her periods?

It's not unusual for a period to be a few days late, or even several, for all kinds of reasons, including stress, being sick, etc.

If it would be helpful to easing her mind, she can take a home pregnancy test. Know that pregnancy tests won't be accurate until at least 14 days after the last time sexual activity that could bring about pregnancy occurred. Also remember though that taking a home pregnancy test is up to her, since it's her body.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Additionally you may find this article to be of help:

M.I.A. or Dude, where's my period?

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alex9999
Neophyte
Member # 95207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alex9999     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you

praying she isn't pregnant

Posts: 2 | From: usa | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.