Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Parnoid about pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parnoid about pregnancy
Maniek123
Neophyte
Member # 95071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maniek123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey.

I don't think my girlfriend is pregnant, but I'd like to share with you my story, so I can make sure there's no chance of pregnancy. You know, I just need someone who knows how these things work...

My girlfriend's period begun on January 14th. It was longer than usually, I think.
My girlfriend found out she was spotting on 30th of January. She thinks it could be ovulation bleeding (I'm not sure if I use correct names, because I'm not native English speaker)... You know, this kind of spotting that occurs when ovulation comes. It was time for her ovulation, so... Do you think it could be it?
Anyway, a week later (6th and 7th of February) we were at my house. We would lay in a bed for most of the time, just cuddling and stuff.
Thing is - we had oral sex (three times in two days). And, well, each time after I orgasmed we went to the bathroom and cleaned ourselves (cum is not an issue here, it was, well, disposed). Then - back to the bed. We were cuddling, hugging, one of us was sitting on top of the other and stuff like that - always at least one of us had underwear on. But usually only one, which worries me (and I had boxers on which could, well... leak). Is it possible that during cuddling some of my precum (which may have had sperm in it, since I didn't always urinated right after orgasm), well, impregnated her?
Also, I fingered her. I don't think there was any precum on my fingers, but even if there was - could it lead to pregnancy?
Next thing is - according to Standard Days Method she shouldn't be fertile on these two days, but she had a lot of stress in the beginning of her cycle... Could it change her cycle so much, that it would make her ovulate a week later than she should?
Okay, well. A week later, on 13th or 14th (her period is about 30-31 days long) of February she expected her period, but it didn't came on time. We were worried, so on February 17th we did a pregnancy test. It was negative. We were kinda relieved.
On the next day she started to bleed, it lasted for about five days, then one day break and then she bled a little more. On the first day it was heavy, then it got lighter - but it was painful. Blood's color is normal. I'm worried that could be decidual bleeding. Could it occur as soon, as 12-13 days after conception? And could it affect pregnancy test's results?

Yeah, I know, I'm very paranoid, but I'd like somebody's opinion on this. I keep saying myself that this is impossible, but I think I'll feel better if I hear it from somebody else. So, do you think my girlfriend could be pregnant?

Well. I wrote this long post and I feel better now. Sorry for my English, again. If something is unclear or there are any questions I'll answer ASAP.

P.S. I read articles on your site about pregnancy - Chicken Soup and "Are you Pregnant" (or something like that) and I figured I had very little chance of my girlfriend being pregnant. But still... I'd like to hear it from you after listening to my story.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you taken a look at this article:

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

In short, nothing you describe is a pregnancy risk. unless bare genitals are rubbing together, or there is intercourse, there's no risk of pregnancy.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maniek123
Neophyte
Member # 95071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maniek123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I didn't read that [Smile] I'm going to do it right now.

Um, thing is... Is there a chance of pregnancy, if, let say, I was above her (my crotch area above her crotch area) and my precum dripped through my boxer on her vulva? I'm not sure if this happened, but I just wonder. Is there any risk of pregnancy?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. Sperm can't crawl through clothes walk to the vagina. The article will explain how that works. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maniek123
Neophyte
Member # 95071

Thank you very much, Robin! I knew it was pretty silly, but I couldn't tell myself that pregnancy is impossible. I feel relieved already.
Anyway, this is a great, great site! Internet is full of sex and pregnancy myths, but here I can find reliable answers for my questions. [Smile] I think I'll read more articles about safe sex and stuff like that. I wouldn't want to experience this kind of stress once more. [Smile]
Thank you again! And sorry for my English, if I made any mistakes (it kinda annoys me when somebody makes mistakes in my native language ^^").

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Very glad we are here to help. [Smile]

I understood you perfectly, so no worries on that account.

Yes, as a friend of mine says: "stress is bad". Enjoy browsing the site and let us know if we can help with anything else.

--------------------
Robin

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.