Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!
dollie0783
Neophyte
Member # 94507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dollie0783         Edit/Delete Post 
About a month ago, my boyfriend and I had sex. He used a condom and pulled out. I am on birth control pills. My period was never regular before the pills and when I started taking them it evened out mostly. The problem is now my period is late even though I am still taking them. Why am I late if I am on pills? Is there any chance I could be pregnant?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long have you been taking the birth control pills for now, and for as long as you have, when do you find during each pill pack your withdrawal bleed usually happens?

Based on that, how "late" is late? A day? A few days? More than a week?

Have you also been taking your pills properly in the last cycle?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dollie0783
Neophyte
Member # 94507

I have been on the pills for almost a year. I usually have my period the week before my empty pills. I am now taking my empty pills, and I know I am not technically supposed to have my period until this week but it comes mostly before the non hormonal pills. However, last cycle it came during the empty week of pills. Also, I always take my pills correctly except for when I was travelling one week two months ago in a different time zone, I wasn't sure when I was supposed to take them.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, you usually get your withdrawal bleed in the active pills, a week before the placebo pills?

And where are you in this pack now?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dollie0783
Neophyte
Member # 94507

yes, but last cycle it was during the placebo pills. In the current pack, I am on the 3rd day of the placebo pills.
Heather
Member # 3

Okay, so I'd not say you're late yet.

Anytime we have the kind of sex that can create a pregnancy, there are pregnancy risks. However, if we use contraception, that reduces those risks. You used three different methods, and from the sounds of it, properly, so your risk is as close to zero as it gets.

It sounds to me like it might just have taken your body a long time to sync up with your pill, and like you're finally getting there. In other words, like this is as it ideally should be, and nothing to worry about.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.