Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » How safe is dry sex in underwear?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How safe is dry sex in underwear?
curiossss
Neophyte
Member # 94323

Icon 5 posted      Profile for curiossss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’m just a bit concerned about dry sex, so I would like to know a few things before I engage in dry sex:
1)If me and my girlfriend are performing dry sex in our underwear is there a chance of pregnancy if I achieve orgasm or pre-come? I think that it would be almost impossible to get pregnant without direct genital contact, but I just wanted to be sure.
2) If both of us get wet, and I orgasm or pre-come in my underwear, can semen travel through 2 layers of clothes (through my boxers and her panties) and get to her egg? Again, I think this is rather unlikely, but I just wanted to be sure before engaging in such activity.

I just wanted to know this and be safe before I do anything.
Thanks for your answers.

Posts: 2 | From: asdas | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Both situations you describe don't present risk of pregnancy as there is no direct genital contact. Sperm in the semen cannot travel through a layer of clothing.

More information:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/whats_the_risk_easy_pregnancy_risk_assessments

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiossss
Neophyte
Member # 94323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiossss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1)I appreciate your reply, but can sperm travel through fabric such as underwear or not?
That would be a long journey since sperm would have to travel through my underwear and her underwear and than to the egg, so I doubt it's possible.

2)When if I engage in dry sex, is it possible to get pregnant if my partner is in her underwear and am I naked, is there a possibility that sperm or precum could get through her underwear and fertilize the egg, if there's only one layer of cloth between our genitals, and we should assume that she's wet.
I think it's rather unlikely, but I just want to be sure.

Posts: 2 | From: asdas | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, sperm cannot travel through fabric. As long as there is no contact between bare genitals or ejaculating on a bare vulva there is no pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.