Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Please help, is it possible to get pregnant from this? Freaking out here!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help, is it possible to get pregnant from this? Freaking out here!!
cherishbaby
Neophyte
Member # 93909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cherishbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little worried right now. Well actually, I lied. I'm a lot worried. So I would still really appreciate any feedback! Thanks so much, my heart goes out to all of you [Smile] Have a wonderful new year!

My bf and I were making out this morning in his car, and he never touched my vagina. Anyway, I stroked his penis a bit and I remember some pre-ejaculation getting on my hands. This happened at about 8:30am. I think I put hand sanitizer on after about an hour later. Then right at about 11:20am (I had texted my friend right before I went to the bathroom at 11:16am), I went to pee at school and I'm scared that the toilet paper I may have used to wipe myself after I peed may have gotten some pre-ejaculation on it since I touched it with my hands to obviously fold it and wipe myself. Later that night, I called healthlinkbc, where we have registered nurses on call if we have any questions, and the registered nurse said "in my entire 30 year nursing career, i have never heard of that. By policy we are not allowed to say 'never' on the phones due to legal reasons so I can get fired if I say never, so this is how I will say it: it is extremely, extremely, EXTREMELY remote and I can bet my paycheque that you will not get pregnant from it". So I called a local pharmacist after for a second opinion, and I told her the exact same scenario, and she started giggling and said "no sweetheart, you can't get pregnant from that. Number 1, your fingers never actually touched your vagina. The toilet paper was in between. Number 2, the sperm would have been dead by then because it would've died in a few minutes. Number 3, that's just not how babies are made, from wiping your vagina. I promise you can't get pregnant from that".

What are your opinions? Can I get pregnant from this????? Please help! Honest opinions only. I'm freaking out here.

Note: I have an anxiety disorder. My mind has the tendency to not remember so I honestly don't remember if I hand sanitized. But I remember a moment where I touched my hands before i "remember/think" i sanitized beforeI ate my breakfast at school right after I saw my bf. LETS TAKE THE WORST CASE SCENARIO AND PRETEND I DID NOT USE HAND SANITIZER, could I get pregnant from that? From the time I saw my bf, I put on my jacket and took it off, was in -1 degree weather for about 10 minutes when I went to park the car outside at school, touched food when I ate, touched my wallet when I bought food, and was writing notes for almost 3 hours at school before I went pee so I'm sure I had a lot of opportunities to have wiped off the pre-ejaculation. Are there any chances??

Posts: 26 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This does not pose a pregnancy risk. At all. Even if you hadn't used hand sanitizer, even if you had touched your vulva directly you would not get pregnant from this. Pregnancy requires direct genital to genital contact, or semen to genital contact. Sperm are not superheros, they can not survive being transfered from surface to surface and they can certainly not survive without semen or being in the open air that long.

However you've already been told this by two reliable sources. You mention having an anxiety disorder so do you have any techniques to deal with anxiety when it arises? If so I think it might be time to try and put those to use.

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.