Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I'd like to ask a question about pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'd like to ask a question about pregnancy
Scozta
Neophyte
Member # 81091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scozta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume now I'm posting this in the correct area.

Last night, as I was urinating (for the sixth time in an hour) I looked at one of my breasts as I had a VERY sharp pain in the nipple, and my nipple was secreting a clear liquid.
As I "pinched" my other nipple clear liquid came out of that nipple too. Both nipples only secreted about a drop.

I'm 14 (probaly 15 weeks) pregnant and I understand lactating can start at all times. But is this a sign of lactating, and is it normal to start this soon in the pregnancy?

[ 09-30-2011, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Scozta ]

--------------------
"They say when you die, your life flashes before your eyes. Make it worth watching."

Posts: 8 | From: Montana | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breast discharge can start at any time with a pregnancy. It really just depends on what's going on with your body. Go ahead and let your care provider know at your next appointment.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katia11
Neophyte
Member # 48186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katia11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!

Seeing the milk was one of the first times I really felt like I was meant to have this baby. My parents were pressuring me to give him up, but I had all this milk and knew it was for MY baby. Of course, it wasn't just that, but it was very special when I first saw the milk.

There shouldn't be too much, as it is only colostrum now. I wouldn't recommend pumping or anything though, as it could cause an early onset of labor. If you are in pain, I'd recommend a hot shower and massaging your breasts.

Here's a little info about the changes your milk goes through:
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/milkproduction.html

I would be happy to help if you have any breastfeeding questions! I exclusively pump for my son who is 13 months [Big Grin]

Posts: 29 | From: NY State | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.