Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Idk if I'm pregnant :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Idk if I'm pregnant :(
Leelee16
Neophyte
Member # 89912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I had sex with my bf unprotected(dumb) 3 days before my period but then got it. And then 3days after my period had anal sex and he had cummed but I saw it come out, but im scared it could have possibly leaked. Now, its a week later and I feel really crampy in my pelvic area and sharp pain in my back. Could I be pregnant??? Help, I am so stressed
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unprotected anal sex can cause a pregnancy risk from ejaculate leaking out. So, yes, you have had a risk.

It's too late to take EC, so you will want to wait until you can take a pregnancy test. The earliest you can take one is about 2 weeks after the risk.

Can we help you figure out your options for birth control, so you can be better prepared next time?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9171 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee16
Neophyte
Member # 89912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its been 3 weeks since the first time since vaginally and a week since anal. Should I take one around now?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really depends. If you want to account for both potential risks, you'll want to wait another week.

If you're okay with possibly needing to take two tests, you can certainly find out if pregnancy occurred from the vaginal intercourse now, though it sounds like you already have the answer to that one if you had a normal period afterward.

You will also want to make sure to schedule an STI screening in the next month if you're not already up-to-date with those since you've had two different kinds of sex that carry high risk of STIs unprotected with this person now.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee16
Neophyte
Member # 89912

Its weird though, I have tender breast, dark veins around them, cramping,headache,back pains, and nausea. But my period should be here in a week and 3 days. Could it be my period?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your last risk was only a week ago, you can be sure that what you are experiencing now are not signs of a pregnancy. It takes about a week for fertilization to happen, so you'd barely be pregnant at this point. The first symptoms do not appear this early.

If your period is over a week away, I'd also not suspect a connection there. But most of what you describe (headache, back pain, nausea) could be a cold or flu - it is the season for that, after all. You may also just be psyching yourself out if you are looking for signs of a pregnancy.

Really, your best bet is to do as Heather said: schedule an STI screening, and wait until you can take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9171 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee16
Neophyte
Member # 89912

Well I took a test today and it came out negative, but I'm not sire why I have these symptoms. I'm going to take another one in a week. Could it have possibly been wrong?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Joey said, those can be symptoms of a LOT of things. The first sign of pregnancy you'd have really is a missed period. But yes, test again in a week and that should be accurate for your most recent risk as well.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3428 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee16
Neophyte
Member # 89912

Ok, last ? don't wanna bug anyone...but..umm..I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting blue veins on my breast that are spreading..and im also very light skin so could it be that?
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pretty common for very light-skinned people to have visible veins.

Changes are you're being hyper-observant of your body because you're freaking: people do that all the time.

If your negative results from your HPTs aren't comforting you, your best bet would be to see a healthcare provider in person and ask them to test for you, okay?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee16
Neophyte
Member # 89912

Ok, ima do so. Thank you everyone for your time
Heather
Member # 3

Great. Like I said earlier, you're going to want to get those STI tests anyway, since that is just as big of a deal with your health as a pregnancy. So, I'd just schedule that appointment and they can do another pregnancy test right at the same time, with urine you will already be giving them for some of your STI testing.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.