Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Late periods, test negative

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late periods, test negative
watercolours
Neophyte
Member # 72010

Icon 5 posted      Profile for watercolours     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,
I'm 19 and i'm 30 days late on my periods. I was supposed to get them around june 18th, but still nothing. I had protected sex with my boyfriend around beginning of june. I'm not on the pill. I was pretty worried so after 2 weeks late, i did a home pregnancy test and it was negative. I was quite relieved and thought it was just stress or something but my boyfriend is still worried and ask me to do another test. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms.
I am at uni, and had finals around beginning of june, i was pretty stressed, tired and didn't sleep a lot. I went back to my country for holidays after my finals, so my eating/lifestyle habits changed a lot. Could that explain my late period? Should I wait a bit or do another test to be sure it's not pregnancy?
Thank you!

Posts: 3 | From: aussie | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, how many days long are your cycles normally, and for how many months have they been around that long?

Mind, all of the things you're mentioning -- even one of them -- could absolutely influence your cycles and result in a late or missed period. But it sounds like pregnancy isn't a likely reason, given your test result.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watercolours
Neophyte
Member # 72010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watercolours     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It varies a lot, my cycles are around 30-32 days. My last periods were on May 16th. I'm not really on time with my periods but i never skipped a whole month like this.
Posts: 3 | From: aussie | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. So, that can happen sometimes, and this just might be the first time it has happened.

My best advice would be that if you don't see any flow by another month, to check in with your healthcare provider and have them look into it.

And try and do what you can to catch up on sleep, get back to your usual eating habuts, et cetera.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watercolours
Neophyte
Member # 72010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watercolours     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much! I'm getting back to my uni/usual life in 2 weeks. Hope my period come back.
Anyway thank you for your advice.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.