Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » can i e pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can i e pregnant?
grapesy
Neophyte
Member # 71130

Icon 9 posted      Profile for grapesy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a virgin never had sex before
Me adn my boyfriend were messing around last week.
I gave him a hand job nd after tha he fingered me.
We didn't plan this. But it happend. I was very wet and he rubbed his penis on my clit. Then he put his penis in my vagina with no condom. He didn't bust inside me or aything as soon as ifelt pressure itook his penis out. I been scared lately thinking I'm pregnant could it happen? I been researching stuff about early symptoms adon of them is sore breasts , which makes me paranoid because my breasts are sore helppp! =(

Posts: 4 | From: oakland | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy doesn't happen instantly, like people have sex and them BOOM! You're pregnant. On average, it usually takes just under a weekish for a pregnancy that is going to happen to happen. And then it still usually takes a while for any symptoms to crop up, which is why, for most people who become pregnant, the very first symptom is a missed period. It would be very early for breast tenderness due to pregnancy, which most typically doesn't show up until most people have been pregnant for around a month.

That said, any time people have intercourse or other direct genital-to-genital contact with a penis and vagina, there are possible pregnancy risks and possible risks of infections. So, both of those things were risks with the intercourse and other direct contact you had. When that's done unprotected, the risks can be high.

As I understand it, you used the withdrawal method here, where your partner withdrew his penis long before he ejaculated or without ejaculating. Is that right?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grapesy
Neophyte
Member # 71130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grapesy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. He told me he didnt ejaculate. Kus it didnt go all the way inside nt even half way. My period is irregular. I had it las month on the 17th. So im waiting for it to come.
Posts: 4 | From: oakland | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you know, moving forward from here, direct genital-to-genital contact -- even if his penis didn't go inside your vagina AT ALL -- poses possible STI and pregnancy risks. It really isn't that different from intercourse, though I know some people figure it must be. But it's not.

And intercourse is intercourse. So, whether someone is only "a little" inside the vagina, or only for a certain amount of time, it's still intercourse which still carries the risks of intercourse, okay? We can talk more after we deal with this crisis, if you want, about making choices in the future knowing those things now.

But for now, if you two used withdrawal, then while that doesn't change/reduce risks of STIs, which you'll also want to deal with with testing in a few weeks, that does reduce the risk of pregnancy. In typical use, it's somewhere from 73-82% effective, in perfect use, it's estimated at around 96%.

So, since it's too late for Plan B, your best bet is to maybe figure that if you don't have another period by the 17th of this month, you should go ahead and take a pregnancy test. And with the STI risks, you can schedule tests for those, if you want to make sure you take care of yourself around that, too, in around a month or so.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grapesy
Neophyte
Member # 71130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grapesy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With what happened with me and my boyfriend there's a possibility of being pregnant then?
Heather
Member # 3

There is.

ANY time people have direct genital contact or intercourse like that, there is always some possibility. How much of one depends a lot on if a method of contraception (or more than one) was used at all, and if so, which one.

You seem to be saying you two used withdrawal, and used it perfectly, which means around a 4% risk (when people use that method for a year).

But since there isn't anything to do about having taken that risk now, the best you can do with the possible pregnancy risk is just wait it out and see if your period arrives or not (and don't take that risk again if you don't want to be taking those risks), and with STIs, is to get tested soon.

Like I said, I'd also be happy to talk to you about your choices in the future if you want.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

grapesy
Neophyte
Member # 71130

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it. And i know hopefully im not pregnant. All theres left to do is wait for my period. And definitley not planning on taking that risk again.
And yes i would like to talk about it.

Heather
Member # 3

No trouble, I'm happy to talk that through with you.

So, first things first: the kind of sexual activity you engaged in in this situation: was that activity you very much wanted? As it was going on, were you and your boyfriend both talking about it, including asking each other for consent?

Have you two had a talk yet about your limits and boundaries around sex, and about what kinds of risks you do and don't feel ready to take?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.