Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Could I be pregnant from this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I be pregnant from this?
sm315
Neophyte
Member # 68088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sm315     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

I am new to the site and feel a bit silly posting this since I know how reproduction works. But I just want to ease myself a bit so i would welcome a good response.

Three - 4 days After the end of my period, my boyfriend came over. We were cuddling without clothes but I nor him would ever consider sex. His DRY penis was touching my stomach and lower back while cuddling. I know that presents no risk. What Im worried about is that he touched his penis briefly - like less than 30 sec - and there was no ejaculate and as far as im concerned, no precum at that point. His boxers before he took them off had a very small wet spot but when i touched his penis tip, it was completely dry. After he touched himself, he touched the blankets and prob around 2-5 min, proceeded to finger me. Again, his hands were dry and so was his penis.

My period is 4 days late - i dont know if its due to stress, I have my MCATS in two days!!! So that might be contributing to missed period. I also have been working out everyday.

What are my chances of getting pregnant and why?

Thank you so much for your help!

Posts: 4 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you check this first: Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sm315
Neophyte
Member # 68088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sm315     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I did! It was a good site -- I just wanted additional assurance if possible. Sorry about that!
Posts: 4 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay, but that's right here on this site! We ask users to please check the main site and existing answers first before posting to see if that answers their questions. With situations like this, it usually will.

For instance, that article should have made clear to you that you are not describing a likely pregnancy risk here. Did you get that, or did you still feel unclear about something?

If you still felt unclear, want to fill me in on what's got you confused so I can try and clear it up for you?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sm315
Neophyte
Member # 68088

I just wanted to know if there is no pregnancy risk - is it because the sperm are dead or just they are not viable without fluid -- ive always been told " one sperm is all you neeed to get pregnant" therefore that was why i was nervous!
Heather
Member # 3

Actually, it takes more than one: it takes a few hundred to help that one sperm fertilize the egg.

But sperm need the seminal fluid they're in, both to get to the egg and to stay viable outside the body. They're actually very delicate cells that don't do well outside very specific environments. That's why pregnancy via indirect contact, period -- as in, when someone is not ejaculating very directly inside or unto the vagina -- is usually very unlikely.

So, in a situation like yours. not only do you not have that direct contact, it appears there wasn't even ejaculate being transferred to your body in the first place.

But for future reference, how about everyone just washes their hands before touching the other person's genitals, eh? Then you could worry a lot less, and you'd reduce the risk of bacterial infections, to boot. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

sm315
Neophyte
Member # 68088

That makes sense! Thank you so much! Yes, there was no genital contact - that I made sure of because I know that presents a risk. Now I can relax more and wait for period. Thank you for the advice

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.