Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » very curious

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: very curious
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 4 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had my period on the 4th of may, and ended on the 8, which was the day i started my birth control (ortho tri-cyclen lo). on the 14, i had PROTECTED sex, (magnum) in the gold package, and i got on top. he kinda nudfged for me to get off, and when i did he was cumming into the condom. i looked at my calandar, ad it was my second day of being fertile. and as far as i know, it didnt break, but im not experienced, at all. my egg is sopposed to droke, or "ovualte" on the 18th. am i pregnant? how high are the risks?

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you have just started taking hormonal birth control, you can no longer think in terms of where you are at in your menstrual cycle. Hormonal birth control changes your cycle and suppresses ovulation as part of how it works to protect you from pregnancy. So, there are no longer any fertile or infertile days. As long as you take your pill as directed, you are equally protected on all days.

Now, since you did a Sunday start with the pill and had been on it for almost a week when you had intercourse, it's pretty likely that you were at or near full protection from the pill. Plus, you used a condom as well. So, it doesn't sound to me like you've had a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i feel like Ive gained weight, and been more moody since last saturday..and ive had stomach cramps, but then again ive been drinking alot more water.after we had sex, i got home and saw some random white stuff. my birthconrol is "designed" for periods, will it still protect me with sex, and do i still have a risk?

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The white stuff you saw was likely your own vaginal discharge. As long as the condom didn't slip off or break (and you'd know if it did, condom breaks are typically very obvious) then your risk of pregnancy is incredibly minimal. Too, it's likely that when you had sex, you were at or near full protection from your pill. The cramps may be side effects from the pill, and sometimes water retention can be a side effect too, and can make it seem like you've gained a bit of weight.

As for how the pill works, as long as you take it correctly (on time every day, none late or missed) then you are protected equally every single day, including during the inactive or placebo pills (when you get your period). There are no "risky" or "not risky" days on the pill - you have the same amount of protection all the time.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5653 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curiousgeorge, not only were you not ovulating on the 18th (because you're on the pill), but the things you describe experiencing (some bloating, some moodiness, some cramps) are incredibly common symptoms of PMS and/or side effects of the pill.

While fertility is not an issue for you now, you should know that you can't reliably determine when you're fertile by counting days from your period. In order to determine when you ovulate, you would need to track your waking temperatures, and observe your cervical mucus (possibly also cervical position, depending).

Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you all very much. is takingh a clear blue test 8 days before 'normal period' accurate?

--------------------
x3

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eight days before is probably too early, unless it's been a couple of weeks since a possible risk.

Have a read of the instructions on pregnancy tests: usually, you'll see they suggest you wait until you've missed a period.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67053 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

you all think im fine, ill guess we'll have to seee.

--------------------
x3

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.