Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Risk? 1 dayat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Risk? 1 dayat
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mustard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My period is one day late. My last period started March 26. Average is 32 days for me. I have had intercourse a few times since last period. We always use withdrawal and then a condom. We don't add extra lube to the condom. Also sometimes I give him a hand jobwithout a condom and then he ejaculates near my vagina (thighs, stomach, mons). Should I be worried about pregnancy?
Posts: 36 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention...

About 8-10 days ago there were 3 different times when I felt nausea and dizziness. Once was when I was taking a shower in the morning. I felt very nauseous. I had to get out of the shower and sit on the floor until it passed. I felt a little off for the rest of the morning. All I could eat was a few crackers. It wasn't due to illness- I'm not sick at all.

Posts: 36 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Withdrawal is the lest effective form of birth control. So, yes, you have had a pregnancy risk.

Since your period is already late, you can go ahead and take a pregnancy test now.

You've also had STI risks. If you two aren't up to date on your tests, it would be a good idea to make appointments to take care of that.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mustard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now my period is 3 days late. I'm scared to take a pregnancy test. I had a pap test last week. If I was pregnant would a doctor know from a pelvic exam?

We are both up to date on STI tests. Also, I'm in a monogamous relationship.

eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mustard,

I know it can be scary but if your period is late, it's a good idea to take the test. No matter whether the result is positive or negative, you have options and one of the volunteers here can keep talking with you about where to go from there.

It would be much too early to pick up a pregnancy from a pelvic exam

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Now it's 6 days late. I haven't taken a test yet. I think that my risk is low because we used withdrawal properly. I explained it in more detail in a previous thread. Also, I was really stressed about 2-3 weeks ago, so maybe that is why it is late.

Could someone check in with me in about 1 week?

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your period is six days late and you have had a pregnancy risk, however small. So, it sounds like now is the time to take a pregnancy test to figure out what's up.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

I'm scared to take it!
If I am pregnant, I want to keep the baby.

eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a supportive person you can talk to who can check in with you after you take the test? Like your partner, a close friend or family member you trust?

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Yes. I told a close friend that my period is late. She would be there for me when I take a test. I haven't told my partner that it is late. I want to tell him before I take a test.
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mustard, while I get the thing about wanting to tell your partner before taking a pregnancy test, don't delay taking the test on that account.

Get the testing over with. The earlier you know what's up, the better.

Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

I might take a test on the weekend.

Here are more details. I tracked my 8 last periods. Average 32 days for a cycle. The longest was 35 days. Now it has been 39 days since the first day of my last period.

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd really encourage you to take a test sooner rather than later, if only so you're not dealing with this anxiety any longer than you have to.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mustard
Neophyte
Member # 55291

Looking back I should have taken a test. Now I don't have to because my period finally started. Hurray!
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear it! It's amazing how much of a relief it can be when a period shows up after a pregnancy scare. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
louemma
Neophyte
Member # 60563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for louemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for your period!
Posts: 35 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.