Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » HELP ME. im SO scared..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP ME. im SO scared..
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 4 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so i had protexted sex on the 14..but i started my birth control designed for periods on the 8th. i didnt miss a day. today, the 24th, i took a pregnancy test in the morning (clearblue) and it said negative. around 4, i had 2 strong cramps, and when i checked myself i found a blood clot..should i go to the hospital? is this birth control? help me [Frown]

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blood clots aren't something you can self-diagnose. I'm not sure what exactly you were checking, but unless you have access to lab work or a CAT scan yourself, I doubt you found a blood clot.

Want to be a little more clear about what you examined and saw?

With the BC and the sex, what form of birth control did you begin on the 8th? And was that the only form of contraception you were using on the 14th? If so, and you're using a pill, patch or ring, when did you start that method in relationship to your period (on the first day, by the first Sunday after, or at some other time in your cycle)?

These cramps you're having, lastly, these were uterine cramps? How bad would you say the pain was from them? Are you still having them?

[ 05-24-2011, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was dark dark red. it was like a period clot, ya know?ortho tri cys lo tab.i started on the 8th. we used a condom. i started using the birth control the sunday after my period. kinda, but i had them earlier and all i had to do was poop.

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean you saw a bloody glob from your vagina?

If so, know that even during periods, that flow doesn't usually clot. It can happen from time to time, but when it does, it's usually nothing to worry about, but what some people think are clots are often instead, either endometrial tissue (also usually nothing to worry about) or blood that gets kind of gunked together with thick discharge (ditto on the not-worrying).

Blood clots -- the kind to be concerned about, and that are listed as a risk with hormonal BC methods -- are something radically different, and not something one sees externally.

So, where are you at with your pills right now: getting near the placebo pills?

It sounds like it's totally possible your cramps were actually from being constipated, especially if a bowel movement seemed to put a quick end to them.

[ 05-24-2011, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Just to keep you informed, by the way, this is what blood clots are: http://www.hematology.org/Patients/Blood-Disorders/Blood-Clots/5233.aspx

[ 05-24-2011, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the colors i went through was white, light blue, then i jusst started the darker blue sunday (22nd) and then there are the green. ive never been on birth control so...i dont know what the placebo pills are, im on the darker blue ones, 2 days in. when i take mine tonight itll be the 3rd night.

--------------------
x3

Heather
Member # 3

Hormonal contraception methods can have some wacky effects on your cycle when you first start them. So, since it sounds like the only iffy thing here was a bit of bloody discharge, I'm personally not concerned here. It also sounds like there's no real need to be concerned about pregnancy, either: you used two reliable methods of contraception.

But if that discharge concerns you, by all means, you can call into the healthcare provider who prescribed you your pills and ask about it, okay? I don't see any need to go into the hospital at all (again, blood is vaginal discharge now and then isn't unusual), but that phone call might make you feel better if you're freaked.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

your comment made me feel alot better, thank you so much. [Smile]

--------------------
x3

Heather
Member # 3

Glad to help. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

so my birth control will protect me from pregnancy, even though its for periods?

--------------------
x3

Heather
Member # 3

Methods of contraception are for that purpose, by design. They just can happen to also have some side benefits sometimes, like, for some people, making monthly bleeding more regular or lighter and reducing cramps.

So, even if a birth control pill was prescribed only or mostly to help with menstrual issues, it's still going to do what it was designed to do so long as you take it properly, which is to prevent pregnancy. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

im 1 from my placebo pills, and ive had headaches, cramps, and a little irritation, and i felt open like i was sopposed to be bleeding..is this goood?

--------------------
x3

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.