Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Did I Take Plan B Too Late?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did I Take Plan B Too Late?
Edhelino
Activist
Member # 49179

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Edhelino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically, this is what we did...
I got on top of him and he did this:
He pulled the foreskin to the head and held the foreskin there.
His penis was dry, so I got on top of him and rubbed on his penis (while he was holding the foreskin on the head so nothing could come out)
We did this for 1 minute to less than a minute.
Could I be pregnant?
He never came or had any pre-come.
I'm extremely worried!
This all happened Saturday at around 9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
I went to CVS Pharmacy to buy it today and took it at 2:30 p.m.
It's been 2 days.
Is this too late?!
I am so scared of being pregnant.
It wasn't Plan B, it was the generic brand called Next Choice.

Posts: 44 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While Plan B is most effective taken within 24 hours after a risk, it can still be effective up to five days after.

Since you did still take it in that window and your partner did not ejaculate (you really can't know about pre-ejaculate like you're thinking, and holding the foreskin like that isn't going to do anything), your risk of pregnancy is likely very, very low.

However, you did also take possible STI risks, so in a month or so, STI tests would be smart. And since it sounds like you're really not okay with taking pregnancy risks, have you talked yet with your partner about at least using condoms in the future for genital contact like this (which also reduce STI risks)?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I just checked your history and you have had a lot of pregnancy scares.

So, on top of making sure your partners always use condoms, do you want to talk about how you could get a second method of contraception, too?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edhelino
Activist
Member # 49179

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Edhelino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I never replied, I never got the email so I thought no one replied to me.
Well it's been a week since I took Plan B, but I'm still not on my period.
I am irregular, and supposedly I'm two days late.
I'm always late since I am irregular.
I have been lightly cramping this past week, but no spotting like I usually do.
So hopefully I'm not pregnant, I'm gonna wait until Monday, and if I don't have my period by then I'll take a test.
But you said you think my pregnancy chances are low?
I hope you're right.
I'm too scared.
I have never been this scared.
I'm going to think about another form of birth control.
I hear the IUD is expensive.
Do you know if it's worth it?

Posts: 44 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Plan B doesn't automatically cause periods/bleeding. Sometimes it can, but it doesn't always, and bleeding or a lack of it shouldn't be assumed as some kind of sign Plan B is or isn't working.

Yep: your risk appears exceptionally low.

The IUD is expensive when you pay for it, but actually, given how many years it can last for, over the time it's used, it's one of the LEAST expensive methods.

Whether or not it's worth it for you is not something we can tell you, because no one form of contraception is the right one for everyone. But if you have questions about it, we're happy to answer them. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Edhelino
Activist
Member # 49179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edhelino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you're saying Plan B is delaying my period?
My last period was from March 5th - March 10 and I am irregular.
When should I take a pregnancy test?
I'm so terrified, I want to take one but don't know when.

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the most common side effects of Plan B is irregular bleeding, so your late period may be due to that. But there's really no way for us to say for sure.

You can take a pregnancy test at 10-14 days after the risk or on the first day of a missed period. If you're not sure when you are/were due for your period, you'll just want to make sure that it's been at least ten days since the risk before you take a test.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edhelino
Activist
Member # 49179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edhelino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh okay. Well it's been 13 days since we did what we did, so I'm guessing I can take it now? Thanks.
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you can take a pregnancy test now.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edhelino
Activist
Member # 49179

Okay thank you!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.