Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Extreme Pregnancy Paranoia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Extreme Pregnancy Paranoia
Paranoia and Poison
Neophyte
Member # 59352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paranoia and Poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I'm Rubii, My boyfriend and I were just joking around when he had rubbed aganist me, we were both naked. He had not masterbated earlier, or ejaculated, but his penis had rubbed against my clitoris and barely grazed my anus. However, there was a a verrrryyy tiny almost unnoticable drop of precum on his penis, am i at risk of pregnancy?

thank you so much, i've been researching this all day and i need some peace of mind

Posts: 7 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Genital contact does pose a risk of pregnancy, but in this case your risk is very low. STIs are the major concern here.

Have you read our Pregnancy Scared? article yet? It should help clear up for you what presents a risk and what does not.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paranoia and Poison
Neophyte
Member # 59352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paranoia and Poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much
I'd hate to bother you, but my poor boyfriend is having a heart attack about this. So the penis (with a verrrry tiny amount of precum) must go in or around my actual "hole" to make me pregnant?

Posts: 7 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paranoia and Poison
Neophyte
Member # 59352

sorry again...as a sidenote my boyfriend's brother and his father claim that i am not pregnant..his brother has ejacualated around and near his wife's vagina and she has never gotten pregnant (without birth control)..can i be sure that i'm okay without worrying?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't base anything on what happens with your boyfriend's brother and his wife - everyone's body is different, and it may be that they've just gotten lucky up to this point.

In order for a pregnancy risk to exist, there has to be direct contact between your vulva (the outside part of your genitals) or vagina and pre-ejaculate or ejaculate. With pre-ejaculate only, the risk is very low, but not non-existent: you can figure in this case that your protection is about the same as that for withdrawal used perfectly (96%). Again, there is a risk, but it's a very low one. STIs are a much bigger concern here.

Have you and your boyfriend had any conversations about safer sex? When clothes start coming off, even if you're not having intercourse, it's generally a good time to start talking about safer sex practices and get started with those.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paranoia and Poison
Neophyte
Member # 59352

after this scare i am definetly going to talk to him about safe sex...we were fooling around and i see now that it can lead to something serious

would it be wiser to fool around (no intercourse) with a condom on? just to be safe? i will also check for STI as well, but as you can imagine pregnancy is my greatest fear

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Anytime there's the potential of genital contact, a condom is a good idea. Especially since it sounds like it would make you feel a lot more comfortable in terms of potential risk.

--------------------

Paranoia and Poison
Neophyte
Member # 59352

thank you very much. I am concerned with the risk of STIs currently. but im extremely relieved that my pregnancy risk is very low (4% risk that i am pregnant? that's what i believe you said) i really want to protect myself after this. Thank you again for taking time to clear this up with me
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Yep, about 4%. And glad to help. [Smile]

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.