Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Advice/Odds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice/Odds
westwood200
Neophyte
Member # 47831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for westwood200         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

First and foremost, I would really like to thank this website service for all that they do. Whenever I get nervous about anything, I know that I can always come here and read non-judgmental advice and opinions.

Now for my own situation- I am currently on loseasonique birth control. I started it on the first day of my period five weeks ago. My boyfriend and I are recently sexually active, and we had sex about a week after I started the birth control. We used a condom, as well as the withdrawal method. I took a pregnancy test 14 days after the risk, and then I took one again on the day that I would have normally gotten my period if I hadn't been on birth control. Both tests were negative.

My boyfriend and I then had sex again one week ago- last thursday. Before putting the condom on, I washed my hands thoroughly. (there was absolutely no genital contact before) I had not missed any pills and I always took them within one hour of each other. My boyfriend pulled out long before he ejaculated. After we were done, we filled the condom with water to ensure that there were no leaks or tears- there weren't.

After some deliberation, I decided that I no longer want to have sex. I will be starting college in the fall at a prestigious university, and I really don't want anything to get in the way of that.

Could you please advise me on how likely it is that I could be pregnant from the aforementioned situation? Now that I have made the decision not to have sex anymore, I really just want to know that no pregnancy occurred.

My other question is, since I am on loseasonique, when can I expect the pregnancy test results to be accurate? I know people advise you to take a test the day of your missed period, but this birth control causes me to not have periods..

Thank you so much for all of your help. Your website is truly a blessing.

Posts: 1 | From: IL | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The chances of pregnancy here are pretty much as close to zero as you can get. Given when you started taking the pill, it would likely have been at or nearly at full effectiveness after a week, and you also used a condom AND the withdrawal method - 3 methods of birth control.

As for the pregnancy tests, you can assume they're accurate 14 days after a possible risk. If you wanted to test again to double check the result, then you'd want to wait another week (so 21 days after) and test again.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.