Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I'm kind of worried about this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm kind of worried about this
GleeRoxJill
Neophyte
Member # 44753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GleeRoxJill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi im 16, and my bf and i have been dating for almost a year.

we were messing around and I touched his penis, but not like the end of it, not that i remember. it wasny wet or anything. there wasn't any semen that i could feel, he did not ejaculateso , and i didnt touch the tip so i dont think pre-ejaculation was there too. I feel really bad for it, and then I remember how my mom said i could get pregnant if i do sexual things like that

but when i went home, an hour later, I was really scared of being pregnant, so i washed my hands...but not for 20 seconds. but it was with soap.

and i changed my pad because i've been spotting a little, for some reason, even though my period shouldnt come for another 2 weeks. and my hands touched the pad.

i was wondering if i can get pregnant from this? like with my hand that could have possibly had sperm it touching my pad? it's the middle of the month, so i could be ovulating.

Posts: 19 | From: U.S. | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi GleeRoxJill,

Sperm are really delicate and can't live long outside their environments, so any longer than 20 min means they're all dead. So changing your pad over an hour later, even AFTER washing your hands? no, no pregnancy risk there.

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GleeRoxJill
Neophyte
Member # 44753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GleeRoxJill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
even though i was probably ovulating? does washing hands get rid of sperms?
Posts: 19 | From: U.S. | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Handwashing does take care of semen and sperm.

MayDay gave you a sound response.

Here's a piece that explains how pregnancy really works for you: Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction.

And here's one on what pregnancy risk manual sex (sex with hands, like touching genitals) can pose, though it rarely will pose any at all: Manual Sex. You can see there how what you have described posed no risk.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GleeRoxJill
Neophyte
Member # 44753

cool, thanks!
GleeRoxJill
Neophyte
Member # 44753

Just for knowledge, does the side of a man's penis usually have sperm on it if he didnt ejaculate and it was dry?
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, pre-ejaculate can contain sperm, so there may sometimes be traces of sperm from that (or a previous ejaculation) on a dry penis. But when it does, it is not even close to the amount of sperm that is in a full ejaculation.

As well, sperm need the fluid of semen or pre-ejaculate to survive and be viable: if a penis is dry, traces of sperm on it really can't do anything.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GleeRoxJill
Neophyte
Member # 44753

ah hah! found the word "shaft", right? my boyfriend the last time he masturbated was a couple of days ago.

so you're saying that if I just touch that part while we're messing around but not the tip, I should be okay?

I'm thinking maybe we should stop this all together, bcause obviously im not ready to handle even the smallest risk.

Heather
Member # 3

By all means, if any sexual activity is making you panic, or just feels like it's too soon or not right at a given time per what you feel equipped to handle, the best advice we can ever give is to chill on it until you don't feel that way.

Not only is it mighty tough to enjoy sex in that context, it's never worth messing with your mental health.

That said, women can touch all parts of penises all they want without risking pregnancy OR infections so long as you just wash your hands after you do so before you engage your own genitals in any way. Wearing latex gloves (and then just taking off the glove and tossing it) is another option.

If you want any help per how to communicate to your boyfriend that you want to step away from any kind of sex, just holler. We're glad to help with that, too.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

GleeRoxJill
Neophyte
Member # 44753

thank you Heather,

do you know if dry sperm can be remoist by vaginal fluid and be able to swim again? or is that once its dry its absolutely positively no coming dead?

Heather
Member # 3

No, they do not work that way.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.