Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Is pregnancy possiable?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is pregnancy possiable?
ToughToffee
Activist
Member # 39608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToughToffee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so here are all the possiblilities...
ALL HAPPANED A MONTH AGO:
-My first fingering by my bf, he only touched my vulva (not inside my vagina) for about 10 seconds. If there was, if any, pre-cum on his hands, it was from having his hand in his pants to reposition his penis, his hands were dry though.
-We "dry hump" for only 5 secs or so, all clothes (jeans & underwear) on.
-I give him a handjob, but didnt finish, my hands only had a little pre-cum on them. I washed my hands in hot water for a good 5 minutes with antibacterial soap before touching my vagina.

I had a blood & urine test (regular, not for pregnancy) yesterday... the doctor read off the results for sodium, potassium, iron, allergies to meds i was taking, but didnt mention pregnancy. So Im not sure if he tested for that. Do they ALWAYS check HCG amount? I went for a possiable med reaction i was having.

What's the risk?

Posts: 46 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't ask for a pregnancy test or talk to a doctor about being sexually active, then you can't be assured you got a pregnancy test.

Mind, I don't see that you have had any need for one -- I see no pregnancy risks here at all -- but if you want one, you do usually have to ask for it directly, particularly if you're getting general healthcare, not sexual or reproductive healthcare.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToughToffee
Activist
Member # 39608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToughToffee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
phew! ok then. I've been worried.... I know it's probably antibiotics/pain meds (i had an absessed tooth) causing this. Ever since starting them I've been gassy, belching often, nauseated, and peeing often... only in the morning though. About 2:00 i feel completly normal again. I know that antibiotics and ibprofin can do that though [Frown] i hate medicine...
Posts: 46 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToughToffee
Activist
Member # 39608

I know I probably shouldn't post again, but I'm worried again. I talked to my bf and he assured me that he has never touched himself before me and washes his hands obsessivly. However, he asked me if I had ever touched him before myself. I hadn't thought of this. I don't recall touching his penis before myself, but even if I did, I have never touched his genitals for more then about 5 secs, and my hands would hav been touching his shirt, pants, my clothes and the couch before my hands could touch my vulva. I'm worring more because in the mornings I feel gassy and a tad nausuated, and I feel like I'm about to have a bout of diarreah (sp?) I've had a little bit of it, but my frequent urges to pee have gone though.. Again, I am taking medication (antibiotics) that can contribute to this, but please, inform me of my risks!

[ 08-06-2008, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Yukiko ]

Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather said that there is not a viable pregnancy risk here, and I second that. Your or his hands would have had to be dripping in fresh semen and directly touching your genitals to have posed a pregnancy risk here. You're fine.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToughToffee
Activist
Member # 39608

okay! yaya!
It's killing me that I can't remember that well, it was a while ago. We were in his brother's room with the door open, with the great possibility of getting caught... so yeah... we didn't really take our time. I couldn't have gotten more than a *tiny bit* of pre-cum on my hands easily wiped off/dried by touching the fabric of misc. objects around.
Thank you muches!

[ 08-08-2008, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Yukiko ]

ToughToffee
Activist
Member # 39608

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ToughToffee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ugh. I'm sorry to bother you guys again, but you are always so reassuring. I know this is all probably just in my head, but I've now become very self-conscince of my abdomen area. When I press on it, it feels firmer and I can feel all kinds if ripples and little round bumps. It feels firm also if I put my finger in my belly button and push down. It's more pronounced on the right side. I havn't been working out or anything. I also have a bit of a tummy from being about 20lbs overweight.
I know you'll probably think "if you worry this much, dont have any more risks" trust me, I have taken this to heart. We haven't done anything since metioned above, since it has caused all this worry.
And being curoius, how much pre-cum would have to be on your hand to present a risk? Enough to defenatly notice and want to wipe off, then directly applied to the vulva, or can it be sneaky, like a thin sheen and still live through something like touching denim to unbutton pants then touching your vulva?

Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With this body lumpiness you're talking about here, what are you concerned about? Pregnancy? If so, don't be. It takes months and months before you could feel anything in there.

If it's just a health concern in general - remember that bodies are lumpy and bumpy, there's all sorts of stuff in there. However, if these spots feel tender or are just totally freaking you out - a trip to the doctor can be amazing for your piece of mind.

To pose a risk for pregnancy pre-ejaculate on your fingers would need to be seriously dripping off your hands directly touching your vagina for it to be even a low pregnancy risk. Have you seen the What's the Risk article? Here is the page that deals with manual sex.

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToughToffee
Activist
Member # 39608

That lumpyness was a pregnancy concern. It just feels like the muscle is closer to the skin that it used to be. but that makes me feel better, knowing I shouldn't be able to feel amnything like that now. I have a history of getting very outrageously paranoid over things. Also that your hands would have to have so precum on them to make a LOW risk, so a barely noticable amount would not create a risk at all, takes sooooo much off my mind.
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, okay. I'm glad I could ease your fears, then.

I feel you on the pregnancy paranoia. I get too. There is a thread in Support Groups discussing this very thing: To Worry or Not to Worry

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToughToffee
Activist
Member # 39608

So, at about 2 months (given if I were pregnant) you absolutly could not at all feel anything diffrent if you kinda message your stomach? Not even the abdomnal muscle expanding out in the slightest?
ToughToffee
Activist
Member # 39608

EDIT: also, I find that the day after major stress, I have spotting. Its happened 3 times now, could this still happen whilst preggo? I know you can spot while preg. but like this? After any kind of stress? No really randomly?
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kiko? Why don't you take a pregnancy test?

If you are worried about something (like being pregnant), you are more likely to notice things about your body, normal things, that have always been there. Or, you can even cause some of the things you imagine you feel to actually manifest.

We have told you multiple times now that you didn't have a risk. I think the only way that You can assure yourself of that, is if you take a test and see a negative result for yourself.

And yes, stress can cause spotting. Being sick can cause spotting. Any of the things that could cause a missing or late period, could also cause spotting or random bleeding.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.