Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Could I Be Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I Be Pregnant?
sexysexgoddess
Activist
Member # 18606

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sexysexgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I'll get right to the question, lol. I had unprotected sex *May 19th & May 22* 4 days before my ovulation date *May 26th*, but we used the "pullout method" and at one time he thought he might have ejaculated in me but he decided he didn't i don't know confusing lol. But anyways we continued and then he actually did but he pulled out. Now I don't get my period until the first or early second week of june, but recently now I've been having a lot of stomach gas, and i get really sick if you wanna call it when i'm hungry, and when i finally eat i feel bloated more than ever, and i can't stop belching, and i read somewhere that this is a typical sign of early pregnancy. So I'm just wondering if I should wait for my period to come and if it doesn't how long after i miss it should i take a pregnancy test? should I even be worrying if I am or not? Thanks!
Posts: 94 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless you are charting your cervical mucus and basal temperatures daily, and have been doing so for a while, there is really no way for you to predict when you will ovulate.

Also, withdrawal is not a very reliable method of birth control. Not only can pre-cum also contain sperm, but it can also be difficult for a guy to pull out in time.

So if withdrawal was your only means of protection, then you've had a moderate risk of pregnancy. And if he did ejaculate in you that one time, you've got a high risk for pregnancy there.

That said, going by signs or symptoms to figure out whether you're pregnant is pretty iffy. You're not likely to experience any symptoms of pregnancy at all prior to missing a period - symptoms tend to show up a little while later into the pregnancy. And even then, many of them could also mean other things. So you'll always want to take a test to know for sure.

You can take a pregnancy test for accurate results at 10-14 days after the last risk, or on the first day of a missed period.

You'll also want to look into more reliable means of pregnancy protection. And if you and your partner haven't been getting your STI tests done, you'll want to start that, as well, as unprotected sex puts you at risk for STI transmission.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.