Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnancy scare?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy scare?
lizzie89
Activist
Member # 36168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizzie89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in one of my last posts, i posted that i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend who came inside of me on accident. i had been on birth control for 9 days, so i took plan B just in case. i was wondering what my chance of being pregnant was......and right now, i have one more regular pill left before i start to take the placebo pills. the unprotected sex was 7 days ago tomorrow and i'm extremely scared to get a pregnancy test (even though it hasn't been long enough, has it?) because i'm so petrified it will be positive. Even if i hadn't had unprotected sex, i still would be too scared to take a test....is there anyone that can help me with this?
Posts: 49 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you took plan B within 120 hours of your risk, the chances that you are pregnant are slim to none.

But if you are still worried, you can get an accurate result from a pregnancy test 10-14 days after your risk.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzie89
Activist
Member # 36168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizzie89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay. yeah i took Plan B the very next day (pretty close to 22 hours after it happened) though i completely forgot to mention that I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend two days prior and he didnt ejaculate inside of me. (it was day 7 of me being on my birth control) and i hadn't read anything about birth control not being effective for some people until after the first 30 days or so. Still, when i took plan B it was before the Five days were up....so is there a big chance of me being pregnant? sorry if I post too many questions.
Posts: 49 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzie89
Activist
Member # 36168

oh. i just remembered, i'm almost 100% i had already ovulated this month (because i had minor cramping for a day about mid-cycle like i usually do) plus i was supposed to get my period before i started taking birth control (and had an immediate-start for my birth control). my body was up and ready to have a period until i took birth control, which pushed back my period. (i dont know if this helps any)
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Well the answer is still pretty much the same.

As Joey already stated EC is effective up to 120 hours after your risk so if you took it in that time range, you're fine and your risk of pregnancy is slim to none. EC is pretty effective. Also, as Joey already said, you can take a pregnancy test once it's been 10-14 days after your risk.

You've had a STIs risk from that unprotected sex as well so if you and your partner haven't both been tested twice 6 months apart before you had that risk or haven't both remain monogamous since have, this might be a good idea to schedule an appointment to get tested.

[ 12-29-2007, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzie89
Activist
Member # 36168

thank you = ]
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
NP. You're welcome. Just try to relax, okay ? :)

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared16yearold
Neophyte
Member # 36235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared16yearold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i thought i would comment on this one save startin a new thread. when will the implanon imlant start workin after being fitted if im not on m menstraul cycle?
Posts: 28 | From: birmingham | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scared, I don't actually see this as related to this topic, about birth control pills.

And I did tell you, in a previous thread of yours, the answer to that question, very clearly. So, please do us a favor and have a look at your previous questions and our answers, okay? We serve a lot of people in a day, and we do so for free, so one important ways users can help us is to be sure to pay attention to the answers we give and not keep asking the same question. If an answer is unclear, you can ask us to explain in a different way in your same thread.

Too, you can also call the doctor/clinic who IS getting paid and who is available for you when it comes to these questions, if our answers don't suffice, or you want a second opinion. Thanks!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(While we prefer if our users who have already started a thread also reply in their own threads if they wish to supply additional information, we do suggest starting a thread of your own, for your own questions, so as to not get overlooked.)

Where did you get your Implanon inserted? Did you talk to your doctor about how the implant works and when it will be effective? Because really, that's who you should ask. That said, the implant is a hormonal method of birth control and it can take the body a while to get used to the new hormones, so we suggest using condoms as a back-up for the first cycle on a new method of hormonal bc.

[ETA: Gah. I'm so slow. Heather beat me to it.]

[ 12-29-2007, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.