Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » eye prob.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eye prob.
Avrie_44
Activist
Member # 10881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avrie_44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my 16 month son had a runny eye. there is sleep in the corner of it all day and it is red, my husbanded had the same thing now he has it. would you happen to know what it is??
Posts: 98 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't diagnose over the Internet, but it sounds a lot like viral conjunctivitis, commonly known as "pink eye". It's extremely contagious, especially among children.

You'd do the little guy (and yourself; sick kids = lousy sleep!) a huge favor by getting him into a physician; it's really crucial that babies go in when sick, even with little things like colds. Pink eye needs to run its course, but the doc might prescribe something to make it a bit less miserable.

[ 11-19-2007, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avrie_44
Activist
Member # 10881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avrie_44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it does not seem to bother him at all but it is "pink eye" and we got drops so i hope he gets better fast he has been sick for almost 2 weeks not with other things too. so hope this is the last of it.
thanks a bunch

Posts: 98 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.