Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Wanting Pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanting Pregnancy?
Yourillusion
Neophyte
Member # 36111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yourillusion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I am 19 years young, and I am not sure if it is just a phase, but I want to be pregnant.

Yes I know, I am too young, and I do also want to wait until I am older and married. And Pregnancy is a scary thing, especially to those are young and going through it.

But it doesn't matter... must be a phase.

I just can't help thinking what it would like to be pregnant. The feeling of someone growing inside of you, being apart of someone else and such.

I am a bit nuts. I would never intentionally get myself pregnant until I am absolutely ready, but I have always wondered what it would be like.

--------------------
[center]Don't disguise your emptiness
By placing blame on me and everyone else
Protected by your safety nets
But you can't put the heart of your fears at rest
All I feel is deep regret for what you have become
[/center]

Posts: 3 | From: Ontario | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you can certainly talk to one of our staff who has spent most of the last month or two with her head in the toilet due to pregnancy if you like. [Smile]

Really, pregnancy in and of itself is certainly a cool thing, but when most pregnant women and speak honestly without fear of judgment, they'll usually say that what they often feel like is really nauseated, exhausted, cranky, bloated, nervous and out-of-sorts, not some sort of mystical bubble of bliss. Suffice it to say, too, pregnancy only lasts around ten months.

Parenting is lifelong.

Either way, there's nothing nuts about wondering.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you read this: I Want It NOW!

It's a very realistic article on what pregnancy really entails. While some women do really enjoy being pregnant, there's a lot more to it than simply feeling nice.

[Edit: and, as Heather pointed out, a lot of women don't even enjoy it! [Smile] ]

[ 12-12-2007, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yourillusion
Neophyte
Member # 36111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yourillusion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See I guess I only think this way because I never have been pregnant...

maybe if i had a pregnancy scare or something I would not think this way.

And also, i have only delt with someone elses kids, and they are angels around me because they like me, and i never see them much at their worst

--------------------
[center]Don't disguise your emptiness
By placing blame on me and everyone else
Protected by your safety nets
But you can't put the heart of your fears at rest
All I feel is deep regret for what you have become
[/center]

Posts: 3 | From: Ontario | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LivingTree
Neophyte
Member # 32945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LivingTree         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's easier when you can hand the kids back to their parents when you need to.

But there's nothing wrong with wanting something, while knowing that it makes sense to wait for it. Sounds like you've got your head on straight. [Smile]

Posts: 14 | From: MD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Number 1 way to kill rosy idealism? Take a baby for more than 8 hours. Tantrums, diapers, spit-ups, and if you turn your back long enough, you might get lucky enough for them to fingerpaint with poo.

I always imagined that being related to a child, either mother or aunt or similar, would grant me some sort of superpower to deal with gross situations. No.

No.

I was still scream-fleeing during projectile-spit-up-puke, diaper changes, and the like, and I'm somebody who typically likes children very much. It is beyond a blessing for me to hand her back to mom or dad and go back to my flying-excrement-free life.

So, yeah, if non of these bodily functions and sometimes horrifying curiosities is included in your vision, time to do some hardcore babysitting/full time childcare. I guarantee you'll think twice. People fall in the fatal trap of thinking that if they're "good enough" parents (as they'll surely be, better than anyone!) kids won't participate in such activities. Oh, if only.

[ 12-12-2007, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh god, Lauren, I just had to comment on that- that's the funniest thing I've read all night, and it's very true! By my third straight day of nannying, once the kids didn't care anymore about being good for me, I was starting to realize that the "little angels" were definately far from angelic...

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.