Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Is she Pregnant????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is she Pregnant????
kornyguy
Neophyte
Member # 28485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kornyguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so me and my gf had sex back in june. We used protection (trojan condom). Then in July, we both were paranoid because she was not getting her period. BUT she then got it a couple of days late. I still haven't felt complete relief about her not being pregnant at all. She has gotten her period for 4 months straight now. BUT this month, she was suppose to get is the 15-18 and it is now the 27 of nov. We are paranoid all over again. What is going on? Can a pregnant woman have her period and then miss periods? We used a really good condom. How effective are condoms nowadays? Aren't they like 98% effective.
Posts: 22 | From: los angeles | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Did your partner have any pregnancy risk ? If you used a condom for intercourse and it did not break or tear and if semen did not come into contact with her vagina or vulva during other sexual activities, then your partner didn't have any pregnancy risk and she can put her mind at ease, really. She's not pregnant. You're right, condoms, when used properly (which means with lube), are effective at around 98 %.

A girl cannot have a period and be pregnant at the same time, no.

There is a lot of reasons why a women's period might be late aside from pregnancy, stress being one. Check this out:
MIA or dude: where's my period ?

If pregnancy is something that is bothering you both a lot, then it might be a good idea to think about coupling condom use with another birth control method such as the pill, the diaphragm, what have you. [Smile]

[ 11-27-2007, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kornyguy,

Please note that in the guidelines you agreed to when you signed up here, it states that double (or multiple) posting the same topic in multiple areas of the board is not allowed. I've deleted the copy in Ask Scarleteen and will be closing this post. Your thread in Body & Soul will remain open.

Thanks.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.