Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pretty sure not pregnant but...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pretty sure not pregnant but...
wilddove
Activist
Member # 17112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilddove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

Well I had protected sex with boyfriend on June 5th. Twice a few hours apart. We used protection but I think condoms may have been slightly damaged as other in pack looked bit battered. Also not sure how careful he was.

Last period was from may 27th approx for about 5-7days. Have not had one since.

Anyway we broke up a few days after (he turned out to be a complete jerk but thats another story, also discovered hed lied to me and had not in fact even kissed a women til 18months ago-he is 33 now so I was led to believe he was experienced from wayhe talked and knew what he was doing.sex wasnt that great not bad but not great either.)So bit concerned he wasnt experienced in using contraception

I figured may have been slight risk so on 28june took home test and was negative.

Does this mean I am definitely not pregnant or could it have been too soon after risk.

How much longer should I wait to see if get period before do another test.

I really hope I am not as I do not want him to be my babys father, I do not want him in my life, I am over him and wanna move on and obviously this will all change if am pregnant.

What do you think chances are?

I know id keep baby as I wouldnt be able to give up or get rid of, but just hope am not.

Any advice would be great

PS if i am has he any rights, like there is no way he could ever get custody is there? Or make decisions regarding child?Ok thinking to far ahead but that what scares me

Posts: 112 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you took a test on the 28th, that is a full 23 days after the risk. You can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after the risk at the soonest, so if you got a negative reading 23 days after, it is very, VERY unlikely that this is incorrect. So no, you are not pregnant.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.