Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question
kt2b7
Activist
Member # 29654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kt2b7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my boyfriend are really close. And last monday while he was over, things go hot.. His penis did enter a little a few times, but went back out because we didn't have a condom. Tue. evening I got a headache and now being Fri, I still have the headache and I feel sick at times. I'm just wondering if you can have smyptoms this early? I think it is possible, but not common. Am I right?
Posts: 42 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would not be having any symptoms common with pregnancy this early after a possible risk.

Headaches and feeling "sick" are symptoms of hundreds of other ailments, much much more common than pregnancy.

You have still had pregnancy and STI risks, however, so you can take a pregnancy test as early as 10-14 days from your risk, and if you are not both up to date on your STI screenings it would be a good idea to schedule one for both of you in about a month.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kt2b7
Activist
Member # 29654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kt2b7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, neither of us have them because we are each others first in everything. So neither of us have std's or sti's.
Posts: 42 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is true that if you are your partner's first kiss and any other sexual experience your chances of having and passing STIs are incredibly low. Just remember that there are some STIs that can be transmitted nonsexually.

Annual STI screens are also a part of a healthy safer sex relationship, even in a monogomous relationship, whether or not your or your partner has ever had an STI before, so it's a good habit to get into regardless [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kt2b7
Activist
Member # 29654

And so how high of a risk do I have?
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

You had a moderate risk for pregnancy.

It's not avisable to try and look for any "symptoms" because they just aren't reliable. At this point the only way you'll know if you're pregnant is to wait for your period, and take a test if it doesn't show, or a pregnancy test will be accurate as early as 10-14 days from your risk.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer

kt2b7
Activist
Member # 29654

I'm not suppose to have my period until the July 16th. What would be the earliest symptoms? (other than a missed period)
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Like I said- there are no symptoms you should realistically be looking for. Any "symptoms" that are associated with early pregnancy are very common symptoms of other very common ailments, and it's very common for women who are worried about pregnancy and looking for these "symptoms" that they magnify even the littlest, probably completely unrelated thing.

The only sure signs of a pregnancy are a missed period and a positive pregnancy test, and I've already told you when you can take a test and get an accurate response.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer

kt2b7
Activist
Member # 29654

Ok, well thanks for you help. I'll just wait around.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.