Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » question....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question....
jessieebabby
Neophyte
Member # 29160

Icon 9 posted      Profile for jessieebabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, Im new to this. Im trying to concieve with my fiance (we are getting married in a month and want a child). Last month we had unprotected sex around the time that I ovulated. My period was 11 days late but then I got it. It was mostly spotting except for the first day which was very heavy with cramps. The second day was light bleeding and by the night of the third day, it was spotting. And that spotting lasted another 5 days. That wasnt normal for me. Im just wondering if it is possible that I could be pregnant since my period wasnt normal. Is it possible to have mentsraul like cramps with bleeding and still be pregnant or is that a sign of miscarriage?
Posts: 9 | From: MA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you taken a pregnacy test? That would answer your question far more accurately than we could.

If it's a negative, then giving the timing, yes, I'd say you were looking at a very early miscarriage, which is common as day, and occurs in potentially as many as half of all pregnancies, often without anyone even knowing they were pregnant.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68208 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessieebabby
Neophyte
Member # 29160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessieebabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i took a test, came back negative. i was hoping it just said that cause i took it too early. oh well, we will try again this month. is there anyway to find out if it was a miscarriage or if it was just a late period?
Posts: 9 | From: MA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, really, like Miz S said, it's a fairly common thing for early miscarriages to occur, and they really aren't much different from a normal period.

Have both you and your fiance had a full physical check-up since you decided to start trying to conceive? It's incredibly important to get a clean bill of health for both of you to make sure you're in the best condition right now to start trying for a pregnancy.

Also, it's especially important that you've spoken to your obgyn since you'll need to be thinking ahead for pre-natal care. An obgyn can also help you with charting your basal body temperature and cervical mucus so you have your best chance ofr conceiving (though it sounds you may be doing some of this already, if not having already gone through the check-ups and proper visits, in which case sorry if I sound like I'm lecturing [Smile] ). For many couples it can take months to conceive, even with charting, so don't lose hope since it sounds like you've just started trying, as well [Smile]

Best of luck to you! Let us know how things go, alright?

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.