Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!
Nala
Neophyte
Member # 28326

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OHk, here's the thing, my period is late. I have been tracking my period in the last 3 months, in from feb 1 was the first day of my period and i got the next period on the 11th of march, and then i have my next period on the 15th of april... i am just very very worried.It's 25th of May now....
I have been having sex every week in the past month on a friday night, but all were protected, we used a condom everytime and not genital contact unless there is a condom. There was no slippage or rips...

Could i be pregnant?

I am freaking out here!!!!

Posts: 3 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you used a condom perfectly, and there were no issues, the chances of you being pregnant are very, very slim.

Lots of things can delay a period. I'd also like to point out that a three month sample isn't enough to guage your period on...Heck, I've been menstruating for nearly 8 years now, and rather suddenly I've gotten 4-6 week cycles. They're totally and utterly normal.

Stress can also delay a period.

Have a look at our article MIA or Dude, Where's My Period?, and relax. [Smile]

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nala
Neophyte
Member # 28326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, i went for a at home pregnancy test on friday (26th) and it turned out to be negative... but i am still worried... so i am going for a blood test hopefully today.

thanks for the reply

Posts: 3 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nala
Neophyte
Member # 28326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!
I just got back from the doctors... it's another negative! I am sooo happy... even though my period is still not here... and i am still a tiny bit worried, but i dont it's worth the stress anymore... thanks Darkchild717 for your advice.

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome!

Really, if you use condoms and lube for ALL genital contact, there's really no risk for pregnancy.

Heck, I went off the pill and went from exact 4 week cycles to having 5-6 week cycles. That worried me a bit, lemme tell ya. But it will come eventually. [Smile]

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.