Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnancy question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy question
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kindascared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
on day 10 of my cycle, my boyfriend and i fooled around. I am on birth control and have been for about 3 years. On this day, my boyfriend put his penis in me for about 2 minutes, and pulled out, ne did not cum in me, in fact, he did not cum at all. i was just wondering about my risk or if there is even a risk? My period is not due for another week.
Posts: 127 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have taken your birth control correctly, at the same time each day for the whole month (did not miss any pills, etc.) you can pretty much assume your risk is non-existant.

There are STD/STI risks present, so be sure you're both up to date on your STD screenings, and be sure to remember to use a condom for any sexual encounters to help prevent any possible risks in the future.

You've posted a couple times about pregnancy worries, even though it seems you've been using your birth control correctly, so you may really want to take into consideration if you're ready to be taking these risks at all (because no form of contraception is 100% effective, though when used correctly the pill is very close, and the pill paired with condoms is even closer); I don't mean to scold or anything, sorry if it comes off that way, I'm just concerned that similar questions continue to come up for you.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kindascared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i did miss one pill, it was the first pill of the pack, and i took it as soon as possible. does this change things in any way? As for the worries, i do agree with you, im in college, medical school, and i do have way too much to risk, so i do intend to abstain until im ready to deal with the responsibilities. Thats easier said then done, though!! thanks for the concern, and i dont take it as scolding at all. i love that ya'll care!

[This message has been edited by kindascared (edited 08-23-2005).]

Posts: 127 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you took it within three hours, there would be no increased risk, if not, the actual risk or concern varies from prescription to prescription, so you should read in your pill pack what it says about missing pills; usually it will tell you if you should use a back up method or not, and even then the pill pack itself usually only recomends 7 days.

At Scarleteen we usually recomend using a back-up method for the rest of the pill pack, but your risk still may be pretty slim, it's really hard to say. If your withdrawl-bleed doesn't come on your placebo week, you can try taking a pregnancy test, but I'm still of the opinion you probably don't need to worry.

As for being able to abstain, try talking to your byofriend and be sure to set some really clear boundaries you can BOTH work to enforce.

It really is about self control, but if you feel the need to release your sexual energies, performing safer manual sex could be an option (use latex gloves/condoms and lubricant, wash your hands with warm water and soap, etc.) that doesn't involve possible fluid contact, or safer oral sex, or just keep condoms handy as often as possible so if something does come up and you do decide to do more you'll be doubly backed up.

[This message has been edited by dailicious (edited 08-23-2005).]

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.