Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » i think im pregnant..help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i think im pregnant..help
crzychica0815
Neophyte
Member # 22500

Icon 9 posted      Profile for crzychica0815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok during spring break i had sex with my boyfriend and we didnt use protection,im like only 15 to,but im kinda thinking im pregnant but im not sure. i want 2 know wat the symtoms, however u spell it, r cuz i need 2 know.i kinda want a kid 2 but i donno can someone help,thanks!!!!

------------------
babygurl

Posts: 7 | From: texas,united states | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm assuming that the sexual encounter you had was fairly recent, in which case it may be too early to jump to conclusions about being pregnant. That said, however, having unprotected sex has a huge risk attached that you could become pregnant. It also puts you at risk for STI/STDs

The only way you can be sure you are pregnant is to be tested. The most reliable way is through a doctor or the Planned Parenthood service (there are clinics in may areas that offer confidential testing for pregnancy and STI/STDs and because you are a minor it would be of no or very little cost to you) but most at home pregnancy tests these days, when done correctly, are 97% accurate. I do recomend seeing a doctor, though, especially if there is a possible risk of STD infection as well.

Also this is a big step to take for someone your age. There is no erasing what you have done, but be sure to think of what you will do in the future if you are or are not pregnant. Ask yourself if you are ready to have a baby, if you think you'll be able to support it if you keep it, if you will go through with the pregnancy and then adopt, abortion, or anything else you choose, be sure you have thought about all the risks, consequences, benefits, and other details around each one.

Also, be sure you think about your own sexual future. It is incredibly important to be protected so this sort of thing doesn't happen until you know you are ready for it. Condoms are easy to get and very affordable, the clinics I mentioned earlier usually give out free condoms and other contraceptives, including programs on which you can get birth control pills and other hormonal contraception.

I wish you luck and one more urge you to see a doctor!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long ago was your pregnancy risk? Because the emergency contraception pill is effective up to 100 hours after the initial contact.

There are only two for sure symptoms of pregnancy--cessation of your period, and physically having the baby. All other so called sypmtoms don't happen for every woman, and are rather unreliable.

What you can do is take a pregnancy test. They're pretty cheap from most drug stores.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, EC has shown to be effective up to 120hrs after the risk.

As well ... cessation of a period doesn't mean 100% that you're pregnant, while a positive pregnancy test is really as close to 100% sure as you can get. A pregnancy test is your only sure sign ... And even then, you then need to confirm that with your doctor.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Smurf. Apparently I should wait to post until I'm awake, and not half asleep.
Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvinhp89
Activist
Member # 21227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvinhp89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime you have unprotected sex, you have the chance of pregnancy. You also run the risk of STDs.

There are many symptoms of pregnancy, but not all women get them.

They include:
Tenderness of the breasts and nipples
Fatigue (1-6 weeks after conception)
Frequent urination (6-8 weeks after conception)
Nausea, queasiness, vomiting (first half of pregnancy)
Food cravings (entire pregnancy)

If you miss your period, that could be a big clue you might be pregnant. However, things like stress, eating disorders, and other factors might cause this. Some women may also have light bleeding that seems like a period but really is implantation bleeding (bleeding that occurs when a fertilized egg implants itself in the uterus.)

Take a pregnancy test as soon as possible. If it's positive, you need to see a doctor.

Please think twice before have unprotected sex again. I wish you the best.

Posts: 95 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crzychica0815
Neophyte
Member # 22500

Icon 4 posted      Profile for crzychica0815     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks ppl 4 everything yall have been telling me, like rite now if i was 2 be pregnant i would be about a week and a half.Alot of ppl well my have told me they think i am,but i go back 2 the nurse at the first of april 2 get tested so i will tell yall if i am.......now i got 2 worry on how im going 2 tell my boyfriend and parents....parents will probley kick me out and yell at me but at least my guy will still be with me cuz we were thinking on having kids whenever im a lil older but yea,thanks again!!!!!

------------------
babygurl

Posts: 7 | From: texas,united states | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.