Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » HELP PLEASE!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP PLEASE!!
missconfussed
Neophyte
Member # 22416

Icon 8 posted      Profile for missconfussed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 3 weeks late on my period, but i have been late on before but this time im worried, i have been needing the toilet ALOT, its like i have become adicted to Tea (altho that seems wierd), i was sick the other day and it wasnt anything i had eaten it was just brown? (But it wasnt in the morning?), and i get bad shhoting pains in my stomach that hurt for like a second or too, and i pass wind alot ! are theese symptems? But i dont think i can get pregnant because i have been with my boyfriend since the age of 14 and we obviously have been sleeping together, so thats 3 years of sleeping together and i have neva been pregnant or anything!! HELP!
Once we was going threw a bad patch and someone old me he had been sleeping with anougther girl, but i didnt believe it! we was arguin and i thourght i was guna loose him so i was sorta wishing i cud get pregnant altho we neva use a condom so i dont no if u wud class that as trying to trap him?? but now we are fine and i dont wont a baby. please help me. we have spoke about this and i am scared he said if i am he wonts us to keep it because we can give the baby lots of love but u dont understand i am too scared to get a test!!! i cant do it!! Please help me !! Thanksxxxx

Posts: 5 | From: Bradford | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, the only sure fire way to find out if you are pregnant or not is by taking a pregnancy test. If your period is 3 weeks late, take one now, you really can't afford not to.

Second, early symptoms of pregnancy that can show up in the first month include: a missed period, general nausea, a feeling of tiredness, incresed appetite, and/or having to urinate more often, or feeling like you have to. But remember, none of these symptoms MEAN you are pregnant, and the only way to find out if you are is by taking a test.

Third, just because you have been having sex with your boyfriend for 3 years and haven't gotten pregnant YET, doesn't mean you can't get pregnant!!

Fourth, if you never use a condom, or another method of birth control, you do have a HIGH pregnancy risk. You also have a HIGH STI risk.

Take a pregnancy test, now. And if you're not up to date with your annual STI tests, do so now (and get your boyfriend to do so as well).

Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missconfussed
Neophyte
Member # 22416

Icon 7 posted      Profile for missconfussed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I no that i cant have any STI's because i have only ever slept with my boyfriend!
My boyfriend has cheated on me ONCE and when that happernd i got checked out! And was all clear. I kno he wouldnt cheat on me again and if i went for an STI test then that would be questioning him!!

Posts: 5 | From: Bradford | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, that's not true. Some STD's can be passed without even having sex (ex. herpes can be passed just by kissing). Check this out:

Quick Risk Assessment.

Also, you (and your guy) should be getting annual STI screenings, just to make sure you are healthy. Doing so is not questioning him, it is simply taking care of yourself.

[This message has been edited by 113533 (edited 03-10-2005).]

Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missconfussed
Neophyte
Member # 22416

Icon 5 posted      Profile for missconfussed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i hope my boyfriend hasnt give me anything!! He wouldnt??? To be honest i am scared of going for a check up because what if it comes back i have something? i will have to face the fact he has been sleeping behind my back!!
Activist
Member # 18722

If a person has an STD, it doesn't automatically mean he has been cheating on you. It is possible to pass them even when you are a virgin.

And by the way, not getting tested is only hurting yourself. If you do have an STD, leaving it untreated (those that can be) is NOT good.

missconfussed
Neophyte
Member # 22416

Icon 14 posted      Profile for missconfussed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can u tell me the symptoms of pregnancy pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SYmptoms of pregnancy include: a positive pregnancy test and/or giving birth in nine months.

Other than that, things traditionally regarded as symptoms are not universal, and the only way to be sure is to take a test if you are worried about pregnancy. You can get an accurate reading 10-14 days after the pregnancy risk, and as has been mentioned already STI/STD screenings are necessary too.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.