Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pull out method

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pull out method
tinkerbell311
Neophyte
Member # 20342

Icon 5 posted      Profile for tinkerbell311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I had sex this last weekend and didn't use a condom. He pulled out but is there still a chance i could become pregnant? and how big of a chance is it? Thanks!

------------------
tink*

Posts: 16 | From: Lynch,Nebraska,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Pulling out' (or withdrawal) is not a method of birth control, mainly because it's so ineffective. You're pretty much just flipping a coin (with regards to whether or not you'll get pregnant) every time you have unprotected intercourse.

According to What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts;

quote:
Did you have unprotected penis-in-vagina intercourse (no condom, no other birth control of any kind), but WITHOUT ejaculation into or onto the vagina or vaginal area?

If you DID have unprotected penis-in-vagina intercourse but the man DID NOT ejaculate, then you have a MODERATE to HIGH risk of pregnancy. See your health care provider as soon as possible for a pregnancy test/Morning After Pill and an STD screening.

If you don't wish to be pregnant, the morning after pill can be taken up to 120hrs after a risk, but it's more effective the sooner it's taken.

If it's too late for MAP (and even if it's not), you can take a pregnancy test 10 days after the risk. If that comes up negative and you still don't have your period, you can take another one a week or so later.

Also, you and your partner need to sit down and discuss your birth control options (that is assuming you're not trying to get pregnant). Now would also be ideal to get STD/STI screens if you haven't already.

Emergency Contraception
A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment
Testing, Testing
Margaret Sangers Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aaronxsubaru
Neophyte
Member # 20337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aaronxsubaru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not sure the % there, but ask my gf's mom, thats how my gf came about.

------------------
don't abandon morals, its
hard to get them back.

Posts: 14 | From: CSU | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosie Cotton
Neophyte
Member # 20554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rosie Cotton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait until you are married and have unprotected sex as often as you like with a man who has promised to love you and cherish you until the day he dies. Don't sell yourself short!!!! Real men protect the pruity and inocence of the women in their lives. They never use them for physical pleasure! They put them up on pedestals and treat them like princesses. These are the type of men that make us women beam with pride and fall in love all over again every time we set eyes on them. Hold out for your gentleman!!! He's out there and he's priceless and worth waiting for!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rosie:
In case you haven't noticed, this site is deticated to providing real life sex ed. While it is fine to have your opinions on "the right time to have sex", infiltrating the boards with them is NOT a good idea. This is the third post I have read from you about how "respecting yourself" is waiting until marriage. Frankly, the Scarleteen boards are certainly NOT the place to post this sort of opinion, and I am kindly going to ask that you please stop doing so.

Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rosie Cotton:
Wait until you are married and have unprotected sex as often as you like with a man who has promised to love you and cherish you until the day he dies.

Rosie, if that is the choice you've made for yourself, then good for you. But that does NOT mean it is the right choice for everyone else, and ST is not a place for you to preach your particular, personal viewpoint on non-married sex.

And please do NOT make statements about what "real men" do or what all women want. You can speak for yourself, but you can't speak for everyone else. Leave some room for people who are different than you, OK?

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Love Scarleteen? Show your love for just $1.

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.