Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » just a few questions...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just a few questions...
vballchck
Activist
Member # 11398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vballchck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking, i'm reading alot of posts today (snow day) but i was wondering how alot of pregnant teens would be able to tell their parents, i'm not pregnant and don't plan to be, but i was wondering how any of you would beable to face your parents at young ages, oh yeah i'm 14, 15 in 3 months, but i still would never beable to tell them if somethin glike taht ever happened...so how do you tell them w/ out themgetting mad at you..isn't it weird, and if they do get mad what do that do?
Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl13
Neophyte
Member # 10363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Telling them was scary....i told them a week after i went to planned parenthood and got a pregnancy test that came back positive..I told Ryan that day and then waited a week to tell my parents...They were watching the TV with my brother and i just went in the living room said daddy, mom Im pregnant and walked out...i was pursued by my brother to my room he then made me talk in a little more detail..like what i planned to do..and then shortly my parents came up knocked on my door and my brother told them to wait a little he wanted to talk to me alone and my mom said ok send her down when you two are done..and we talked he let me cry and then i went downstairs to talk with my parents...my parents were none too pleased but not angry...my mom made me sit down and told me to call the doctor...and so on and so forth....it was very nerve wracking to get the courage up to tell them

Becka

------------------
Dont Look Down on Anyone Unless You're Helping Them Up

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl13
Neophyte
Member # 10363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry that was my story......you cant gaurentee that they will not be mad by any means of telling them...what advice i would give is just be flat out honest dont wait until you are 5 mos prgnt to tell them...but you cant control the reaction of any body even if you are completely honest......

------------------
Dont Look Down on Anyone Unless You're Helping Them Up

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.