Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » birth control pills

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: birth control pills
kid932177
Neophyte
Member # 10424

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kid932177     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I called the planned parenthood clinic around here and talked to their RN and asked her if it was possible to get your period when you're pregnant.. she said no. Well my real question here is does your pills have any affect on the size of ur stomach.. like the lower part of your stomach, because mine has seemed to have gotten bigger in the last two months, which I just started the birth control 3(?) months ago.. I mean I've heard it makes you gain weight or can but does it make your stomache get bigger without gaining much weight at all?!?! (I asked her this too my question to her was tho "why is my stomache getting bigger then") and she said the hormones in the pills usually do that. Thanks alot for the help!
Posts: 18 | From: iowa, us | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
birth control pills cause women to retain more water. that's why we can gain weight if we're on the pill. it wouldn't specifically make your tummy bigger, though. that could just be you noticing weird things, or you might just happen to be fattening up in that area. i wouldn't singly blame it on the pills, though.

------------------
According to the experts, I am some species of badass.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid932177
Neophyte
Member # 10424

Icon 2 posted      Profile for kid932177     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, well if it makes u retain water, where would that be showing.. if at all?!?! B/c my stomach got bigger at the bottom and it got bigger in the middle like there's a lil poof in the middle.. so I dunno.. I'm just worried that I might be pregnant.. and I dunno why! I mean there's no reason I should be worried I was on birth control when I had sex and I have had my period on the right day 2 out of 2 times.. so I seriously dunno why I'm worried, but please help me answer my ? THanks again.
Posts: 18 | From: iowa, us | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you're bloated, it can appear that way anywhere, but your tummy and midsection are usually the first to show bloating.

So, no big worries. But just FYI, the pill is NOT 100% effective and offers NO protection againnst STDs and STIs. So, doubling up with a condom not only offers you extra physical protection, it offers you extra peace of mind.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

<just fixed a typo >

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 01-19-2003).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid932177
Neophyte
Member # 10424

Icon 14 posted      Profile for kid932177     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GOOD NEWS! i took a preg. test yesterday and it came out neg!!! and so now i'm pretty sure i'm not.. i had my period both times and i took a preg. test and it's neg.. i'm soo happy thanks alot for all ur help the last couple of months!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.