Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » could I be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could I be pregnant?
Bahdahboomdei
Activist
Member # 28429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bahdahboomdei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had sex...ok evidently thus my question: Could I be pregnant? Last month I had sex without a condom. I didn't know, I thought he had put one on. He withdrew though and came outside. The next morning we fooled around. The last time we had sex we used a condom, but had fooled around before he put it on. So,,, I have been kinda scared. I had just gotten off my period like the day before we had unprotected sex. And it's the beginning of the next month,,, I'm just getting a little worried cause usually i get my period at the end and into the next month. And it's just a little late.
Another concern I had: I smoke, and I didn't even think about the effects it might have, cause I didnt think there were any chances of me being pregnant. But now I'm kinda scared. If I am pregnant, are there possiblilities of my baby being hurt right now?

Posts: 52 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can now take a pregnancy test, because yes, ejaculation or not, you had a pregnancy risk.

Pregnant or not, smoking is bad for you and quitting now would benefit your health greatly in the long run. Yes, if you are pregant, the fetus could be harmed by smoking.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irm
Activist
Member # 27418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, also--woohoo, what's your partner doing putting it in without protection, anyhow? And especially without informing you? It doesn't sound like the issue of protection is very clear between the two of you; I think it would be a good idea to sit down and make it VERY clear that NO sex without a condom is allowed, period. You shouldn't have to be checking on him like a baby every time to make sure that he's being responsible--he should be respectful enough of your body to be taking initiative. (Yeah, this is coming from me, who just recently had to seriously kick my OWN partner into shape on this issue.) You've both had an STI risk, so in addition to a pregnancy test, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a screening, either. But seriously, get that safer sex thing taken care of: hardcore.
Posts: 213 | From: Private | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conker
Activist
Member # 28961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
straight up, Condom must even if you dont have extra lube, ive heard some of the stupidest excuse..."i didnt have any extra lube and i didnt want the condom to break" ok a condom even used improperly is somewhat better then no condom at all, fix this problem, and if he is trying to sneek around using one he probally isnt ready for sex.

--------------------
If you have to steal a pregnancy test chances are you cant afford a baby either

Posts: 47 | From: USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conker, this thread is quite old - it's quite unlikely any advice is needed at this point. Also, simply telling a user to make sure a condom is used, even if improperly, isn't terribly helpful. If you have something worthwhile to add to a current thread, that's fine, but digging up old posts to tell people to use condoms isn't terribly productive.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5661 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
double post

[ 05-24-2006, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5661 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.