Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Case of the Pregnant Virgin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Case of the Pregnant Virgin
princessBree
Neophyte
Member # 9666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for princessBree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was curious as to whether any of you know of females who have gotten pregnant without engaging in intercourse. I myself had a pregnancy scare in the summer after I performed manual sex on my boyfriend. I got the MAP to greatly reduce my chances of pregnancy, and thankfully, I didn't get pregnant, but I could have. My friend is currently worried about pregnacy, but her chances are so low (nearly 0%) that MAP was not neccessary. Thank you so much for this site, I have learned so much, and I gladly share my knowledge with others.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you've been told in a previous post in Ask an Advocate:

1) Pregnancy without contact of fresh semen to the vulva is an absolute impossibility.

2) Pregnancy with any sort of direct genital contact, or direct contact of fresh semen to the vulva can happen and does happen, though it is a lesser risk than it is with vaginal intercourse. Via maunal sex the risk is low. However the STD and STI risks are NOT as low, and in fact, your average young adult is MORE likely to contact an STD or STI than she/he is to become pregnant, so if she needs something to worry about, I suggest she worry about that, and in either case, get tests for BOTH pregnancy and STD/STIs.

3) Your friend can look up her risks right here, or you can print it out for her: http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk.html

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kite
Activist
Member # 5957

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miz Scarlet:
[...] and in fact, your average young adult is MORE likely to contact an STD or STI than she/he is to become pregnant

You've posted that several times, and I just realized I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that physiologically, young adults are more likely than older people to catch an STD/STI, or that on average, more young people catch STDs/STIs than get pregnant?

Posts: 127 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More young folk contract an STD/STI than get pregnant.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.