Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Someone Please Help!!! I need all the advice I can get!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone Please Help!!! I need all the advice I can get!
PoohBears061502
Neophyte
Member # 6534

Icon 5 posted      Profile for PoohBears061502     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just found out I was pregnant and dont get me wrong I am happy about it but I am 20 years old, dont have a job and dont have insurance right now. But right now I am looking for a job because I was getting ready to move out with my fiancee because we are getting married in Aug. But when I do get a job insurance takes a long time to go through and someone told me by that time the insurance would not cover my pregnancy. So what can I do? There is no way I will get an abortion, not to put people down that have got them it is just because I just do not believe in that. I am scared about that and then I am scared to tell my parents because I am afraid they will think that I am a failure since I have no money, no job, no insurance and got pregnant. I have just been very depressed over the whole situation. So if anyone has any comments or suggestions please leave them I really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Michele

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to move this to Pregnancy and Parenting so that you can get input from some of our users who are young parents.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does your fiance have insurance? If so, he can start filling out the paperwork to have your child on his insurance now. This paperwork generally has to be filed before the child is born.

If neither of you have insurance, tell your doctor and s/he will tell you how to sign up for medicaid/medicare. S/he can also direct you to information on how to get WIC and other financial help, should you find you need it.

Don't worry too much about not having insurance. Many people in the United States do not have health insurance, but are still able to seek adequate prenatal and postnatal care.

While we're on the subject of prenatal care, if you have not started going to regular prenatal doctors' visits, please, PLEASE do so immediately. Doing so will help to insure that you have a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy.

And hon, you are not a failure, regardless of what anyone may think.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoohBears061502
Neophyte
Member # 6534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoohBears061502     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much for your reply, I really appreciate it,
Thanks Agian,
Pooh Bear

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.