Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Just wondering..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just wondering..
Eskalinn
Neophyte
Member # 7853

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Eskalinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It'll be two weeks ago this Saturday that my boyfriend and I had sex. When it happened we didn't use any form of protection and both times he didn't pull out in time. This is my 3rd month on birth control and I usually take it between 8:00 and 12:00 p.m.
Recently I've started getting sick in the morning about a half hour after I wake up.. Although, I had my period two days after we had sex. The thing is that my best friend had her period while she was pregnant... So I'm just wondering, is it possible that I'm pregnant?

------------------
See me and my life.
Http://www.geocities.com/eskalinn

Posts: 4 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pills can fail. this is why we strongly (and that's an understatement) encourage the use of condoms as a backup method of birth control.

however, it sounds likely that you are simply on the wrong pill formulation. the pill contains estrogen and progesterone in varying quantities. if you are using a formulation that is not right for your body chemistry you can experience such side effects as irregular bleeding, nausea, mood swings, water retention, etc.

go take a home preg. test and make sure oyu are not pregnant first. if you are, stop taking your pills immediately. if you are not pregnant, however, please go talk to your doctor about your nausea and get a new pill formula. on your way home from the doctor, stop by the pharmacy, WalMart, Kmart or whatever have you and buy a bottle of lubricant and a box of condoms. save yourself the worry.

------------------
oh, don't even po-mo me, baby...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, no-one here can tell you wheter or not you are pregnant. Women can indeed have some degree of bleeding when they are pregnant; this, however, is not a period.

When a women has her period, what comes out of her body is the uterine lining. This lining is essential to a pregnancy, and therefore is not shed until the baby is born. The bleeding women experience during pregnancy is called implantation bleeding and occurs when the fertilized egg implants into the uterus.

It has been long enough since you had unprotected sex for you to take a pregnancy test and get an accurate result. This is the only way you can know right now if you are pregnant or not. You can purchase a home pregnancy test almost anywhere -- stores like Wal-Mart, Target and K-Mart; grocery stores; convenience stores like 7-11; drug stores like Walgreens or Eckard's; anywhere you can find condoms and feminine hygiene products. Purchase two tests, and some CONDOMS while you are at it. Take one today and take the other a week from today. If you get a positive result, call your doctor as soon as humanly possible.

If you are unable to purchase a pregnancy test right now, go to your local womens health clinic or Planned Parenthood and request a pregnancy test.

For future reference, there is no such thing as pulling out "in time". Pre-ejaculatory fluid contains enough semen to do the job.

Read these articles for a bit more about pregnancy and pregnancy risks, and to find a Planned Parenthood clinic near you:
http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/pregnancy.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk.html
http://www.plannedparenthood.org

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.