Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » am i pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: am i pregnant?
flirtygirl17
Neophyte
Member # 18540

Icon 5 posted      Profile for flirtygirl17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI my name is jessica and im 16 years old. Me and my boyfriend have been going out for about 8 months and about a week ago we had unprotected sex. My period isnt due for about a week but i dunno if im pregnant. My stomach hurts, my breasts are kinds swollen and really sensitive, and im peeing quite a lot. Could i be pregnant. Someone please respond with some advice. PLEASE
Posts: 7 | From: North Huntingdon PA USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since it's too late for emergency contraception, all you can do is wait until it's been at least 10-14 days since you had sex and then take a pregnancy test.

That will give you an accurate answer, whereas looking for "symptoms" won't.

Check out this post for the reasons why:

Pregnancy "Symptoms"/Am I Pregnant?

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunshineLK0517
Activist
Member # 17296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunshineLK0517     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alot of those symptoms you say you have are signs that you will start your period...anyways it is to early to have symptoms of pregnancy
Posts: 64 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiyapeeps23
Activist
Member # 17908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiyapeeps23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and just incase your period doesn't show up (it may show up, but this is just for future reference) then you should take into consideration that you are kind of stressed out. So if your period shows up, then the chances of you being pregnant are slim. If your period doesn't show up, then it could be due to stress, irregularity, or your pregnant. But like logic_grrl said, take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after you had sex. It is the only sufficient way to know if your pregnant or not. You can't go by symptoms...it's way to early for that.

Peace...

Posts: 118 | From: Where the shoobies roam... | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might also want to start thinking about birth control. Although, the point is mute should you be pregnant, you should be using some every single time. Condoms will protect against many STDs and STIs including AIDS. The birth control pill (which requires a trip to the docs) will help prevent pregnancy but isn't effective against sexually transmitted diseases. You should be seeing your doc now to discuss the right birth control for you. Alternatively, you can go to a local sexual health clinic such as planned parenthood. Some schools even have clinics right in them. But you really need to be using birth control every single time you engage in sexual activity.

Good luck

------------------
I want a tail mommy.

Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.