Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » new mommy-to-be

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new mommy-to-be
abuse angel
Neophyte
Member # 5429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abuse angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, i was referred here by someone on missgirl.

i am 20 years old, and almost 14 weeks pregnant. it's starting to show.

i live with my boyfriend and his two kids (2 & 3, from a previous marriage), and we're getting married as soon as we can. we're both big on marriage and solid families being important for kids.

technically, he is still married. no, i wasn't the other woman. she had wrecked the marriage and left him way before i even met him. but the divorce isn't final yet, and we are still dealing with the problems of a family having been broken up, mostly having to do with the kids. poor babies.

i currently work temp jobs as a receptionist/secretary, and he does technical support for the virtual servers at a major isp.

anyway, that's my life story. i'm very excited about my first pregnancy. i've been thinking about names a lot lately. i like lorelei marie.

oh, and i'll see if i can get permission to post pics of my step-kids. they are so cute!

so, tell me about you.

------------------
abuse angel

Posts: 4 | From: houston, tx | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lorelei is a lovely name, indeed!

Welcome to the boards, angel, and heck -- welcome to your pregnancy!

Transitions from one "mother" to another are never, ever easy for anyone, but it sound to me like you're pretty dedicated to making it work and calm about the whole thing, so I'm sure in time, you'll ease the kinks out.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So glad to see you found your way over! (I'm the one from MG)

Have you gotten an ultrasound yet? I had mine at 14 weeks. Are you going to find out beforehand if you're having a boy or a girl?

Feel free to head on over to the Village People forum and start your own little diary-type thread, and welcome to the boards!

------------------
How can you not like muffins?!

This surely was the product of a twisted mind.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abuse angel
Neophyte
Member # 5429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abuse angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i can't have an ultrasound until i get on medicaid, because they're very expensive. the clinic i go to charges, like, $400 for them.

i don't think we're going to find out ahead of time. at least, the s.o. doesn't want to know. i might crack.

Posts: 4 | From: houston, tx | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 12 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're interested - over at the UKids Help Phone forums there's a big discussion on Pregnancy and new mothers. Even if you don't post anything, it's probably worth even just looking through. That link will take you right to the forum.

There's also GirlMom
and HipMama if you're looking for a little community-based support.

but congratulations!

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.